GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Console-a-week"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/01/01 at 13:20
Regular
Intro

This came to me a few days ago when i was bored.

Basicaly the i idea is that a console AND game is given away each week to the best contribution of the previous week, it works out that it would cost slighty more to SR but the amount of money they make...

£35 (average game) x 7 = 245

DC = £150
PSX = £120
N64 = 80-100
PS2 = £300

as you can see it would cost less to do this than filmaday/gameaday.

But wait you say, we know Grix and he will win all of them, nope thats been worked out as well, you can only win once every 10 months, giving everyone a chance to win, wait some more you say, what if there is no one left to give the console a day to? well in the unlikey event then the best contribution will win.

How will the winner be picked? simple i have thought of two ways the first rather boring but the second much better, first of we could stick with the current system and let Ali pick, or now this is the good part, every saturday (and sunday) when you log on for the first time you will be asked to pick a topic that should win, again we have the but what if people are biased for a person who likes the same console/or doesnt like someone else? ok how bout this we get to choose say our choice is worth 1 point, and Ali and SR's vote is worth 5, therfore ensuring that it is 90% fair on all people.

The Dreamcast would HAVE to come with modem and VMU, PSX would need to come with memcard as will the PS2, the N64 will have to have expansion thing (4mb for added ram?) and thier memcard thing.

The good thing is that this will mean that the single-sided, only for DC/PS2/PSX/N64 will hopefully be lowered.

What happens when the person has all consoles? easy there is a cash alternative say about £150-$200 or a game bundle with say 7 games of your choice making the same as winning gameaday all week! (only if you have all the consoles already or summin like it)

Of course there are still some bugs that need to be worked out, but how about it SR?

of course yours-truly would be honoured to be the first with a Dreamcast and Shenmue...

Post any comments/suggestions that you have, together we can make this a reality!
Sat 06/01/01 at 15:10
Regular
www.pennyaday.co.uk
Sat 06/01/01 at 15:08
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Maybe but.....there would still be a lower number of people who win prizes...I think that S.R have got the idea, it may not be the cheapest way to give out prizes but it is the most customer beneficial way, on the whole more people are going to be happy with the gameaday idea, and plus gameeverytwodaysandconsoleeverymonth doesn't quite have the same catchyness as gameaday does it!!!

The Game
Sat 06/01/01 at 15:08
Staff Moderator
"Must lose weight"
We're downgrading to keyringaweek.co.uk
Sat 06/01/01 at 15:05
Regular
gameaeveryotherday.co.uk
Sat 06/01/01 at 15:03
Regular
Perhaps console a month and gameaday every 2 days.
Sat 06/01/01 at 13:47
yeah i suppose it was a bit silly but... i want shenmue.
Sat 06/01/01 at 13:45
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
And...you said

£35 (average game) x 7 = 245

DC = £150
PSX = £120
N64 = 80-100
PS2 = £300

Only 1 person a week would feel that there was any point to them posting for Special Reserve whereas at the moment 7 people get a game each day and so those 7 then have more insentive to post again, making the board more enjoyable and worth while!

Think about it, cost isn't the only thing to think about.

Maybe you could save up gameaday winnings and when you have won 5 you could have an N64, DC or PSX and 10 for a PS2, NGC or X-Box, but decreasing prizes will decrease Posts and decreased posts will decrease sponsors and decreased sponsors will decrease money and decreased money will make SR stop being cheap or make them shut down the web-site.

Of course this is blown out of proportion but you get the idea...yeah?!

The Game
Sat 06/01/01 at 13:44
The Game wrote:
All the Nintendo Vs Sony would go and No-one would take the Pi$$
> out of the DC fans anymore because everyone would have a DC.

NOOOOOOOOOOO what a shame that would be.

DC is crap (lol)
Sat 06/01/01 at 13:42
FantasyMeiste® wrote:
> I think Ali said no to this last time we asked (we try something
> once a month just to keep him on his toes). I think the reason last
> time was 'profit' or 'don't be silly' or 'hahahhahhahhhhaaarrgggh',
> something like that, anyway.

shame i really want shenmue but dont have no cash (as i brought a PS2)

could this still win gamaday?
Sat 06/01/01 at 13:38
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nah, well, not really because everything would be blown out of proportion, if a console is at stake then we wouldn't post together and have fun like the family we are. Understand? Our fun and friendship would be on the line, and for what, so someone can win a console and lose all their patriotism to the console they have now?

All the Nintendo Vs Sony would go and No-one would take the Pi$$ out of the DC fans anymore because everyone would have a DC, maybe not straight away but u know over a 6 month period, people would be moaning leaving and fall out with each other.

Comprendé

The Game

PS: Ali: Don't do It !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.