GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why Live's going to get more important to developers."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 08/09/05 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
The must have titles I want between now and christmas?

Well Rainbow Six and BHD are already pre-ordered (thanks SR), so all that's left are Serious Sam 2, Far Cry:Instincts and possibly Ghost Recon 3/Burnout 3/Conflict depending whether or not I'm splashing out and getting a 360 before christmas.

Why only these four/five titles? Why not Fahrenheit, Half-Life 2 or some other interesting title?

Because they're not online. I can pick them up in the january sales and play Farenheit's 12-hours play-it-once-and-never-again brilliance for a 3rd of the price.

Why the Live titles? Because there's a purpose to getting them at full price: to join in whilst people are playing the titles, to be part of the original set of players and be there as the tricks of the levels are found laughing as you fool your mates with your latest trick.

There isn't that sort of urgency with an offline title, especially if you've a few to get through that you already own.

So yeah, to get top-dollar, so to speak, developers/stores are going to have to give people a reason to get titles when they launch and Live's the best way (although comparing play in offline titles is fun too it's nowhere near as fun as Live).
Thu 08/09/05 at 23:25
Regular
"The Red Shift"
That's a fairly obvious point, but completely valid.
Thu 08/09/05 at 23:16
Regular
"8==="
The must have titles I want between now and christmas?

Well Rainbow Six and BHD are already pre-ordered (thanks SR), so all that's left are Serious Sam 2, Far Cry:Instincts and possibly Ghost Recon 3/Burnout 3/Conflict depending whether or not I'm splashing out and getting a 360 before christmas.

Why only these four/five titles? Why not Fahrenheit, Half-Life 2 or some other interesting title?

Because they're not online. I can pick them up in the january sales and play Farenheit's 12-hours play-it-once-and-never-again brilliance for a 3rd of the price.

Why the Live titles? Because there's a purpose to getting them at full price: to join in whilst people are playing the titles, to be part of the original set of players and be there as the tricks of the levels are found laughing as you fool your mates with your latest trick.

There isn't that sort of urgency with an offline title, especially if you've a few to get through that you already own.

So yeah, to get top-dollar, so to speak, developers/stores are going to have to give people a reason to get titles when they launch and Live's the best way (although comparing play in offline titles is fun too it's nowhere near as fun as Live).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.