GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Conker - preferably someone who's owned both versions."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Conker's Bad Fur Day'.
Fri 09/09/05 at 01:42
Regular
Hey all. Dug up my old N64 version and it got me wondering about the remake (the N64 was never so great at handling later Rare games, especially as my pads are starting to die...).

The question is about the multiplayer.
I've heard that there's a new multiplayer which only allows for 2 player splitscreen. Did they keep the old multiplayer games (as part of the remake) as well? I'd love the chance to play "beach" with a better framerate, better pads, and even better - online.

If not, is there an updated version of the Beach game in the new multiplayer?
I imagined that they dropped it with the rest of the old multiplayer modes, but I thought I'd check. :-)
Fri 09/09/05 at 16:07
Regular
"boom boom click"
two multiplayer levels are worth playing and thats it. The character classes are awful and the vehicles are even worse. but play single player and all is forgiven.
Fri 09/09/05 at 07:34
Regular
There's a D-Day Level in there, but it's not the same as the original. The originals multiplayer was pretty much scrapped for the Xbox version, which is a shame since the Xbox version isn't that great.
Fri 09/09/05 at 02:01
Regular
check out this video

[URL]http://xboxmovies.teamxbox.com/xbox/2069/A-Day-at-the-Beach/[/URL]

Think i'll have to get this! I loved it on the N64.
Fri 09/09/05 at 01:52
Regular
I dont own the game but i tink this article says it does.

"The game ships with eight unique multiplayer levels, from one based on the famous D-Day beach assault scene"

[URL]http://www.xbox.com/en-US/conker/multiplayer-20050221.htm[/URL]
Fri 09/09/05 at 01:42
Regular
Hey all. Dug up my old N64 version and it got me wondering about the remake (the N64 was never so great at handling later Rare games, especially as my pads are starting to die...).

The question is about the multiplayer.
I've heard that there's a new multiplayer which only allows for 2 player splitscreen. Did they keep the old multiplayer games (as part of the remake) as well? I'd love the chance to play "beach" with a better framerate, better pads, and even better - online.

If not, is there an updated version of the Beach game in the new multiplayer?
I imagined that they dropped it with the rest of the old multiplayer modes, but I thought I'd check. :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.