GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"People Who Make Themselves Victims"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 03/10/06 at 18:33
Regular
Someone makes themself feel like a victim, feel used or put upon, then holds it against the people they've identified as 'taking advantage of them'.

Eg, by taking on a lot of work themselves, and stubornly refusing help, then complaining that others don't pull their weight or are lazy.

What's going on here, and what's the best way to deal with someone in this position?

I know I shouldn't, but I still feel caught in the guilt-trap sometimes.
Tue 03/10/06 at 18:33
Regular
Someone makes themself feel like a victim, feel used or put upon, then holds it against the people they've identified as 'taking advantage of them'.

Eg, by taking on a lot of work themselves, and stubornly refusing help, then complaining that others don't pull their weight or are lazy.

What's going on here, and what's the best way to deal with someone in this position?

I know I shouldn't, but I still feel caught in the guilt-trap sometimes.
Tue 03/10/06 at 18:37
Regular
Is the situation you describe the one you find yourself in?

i.e. work related
Tue 03/10/06 at 18:56
Regular
"Mooching around"
My mum does that... It aggrevates me.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:05
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
It's one of my biggest irritants, I used to keep on at them trying to help them but they just don't want help so I just think keep wallowing in your own created misery.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:11
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
Thing is i bet we all do it sometime in our life. I dont believe for one minute there is someone that hasnt been like that or wont be like that.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:12
Regular
"@RichSmedley"
I admit I do it at times but soon come to my senses and accept the help as it helps you and those around you.
Wed 04/10/06 at 09:36
Regular
Chaos wrote:
> My mum does that... It aggrevates me.

Yeah, mine too. She gives a good show with pretending to faint and all! I just do what I can whether she wants me to or not and normally that breaks down that defensive barrier when she sees me taking the initiative.

I don't do it for her anyways, just for the sake of doing what needs to be done. I couldn't stand living with her.
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:28
Regular
Seraphim wrote:
> Thing is i bet we all do it sometime in our life. I dont believe
> for one minute there is someone that hasnt been like that or
> wont be like that.

Yes I've been like that a few times, perhaps a lot more when I was a kid :)

My ex is always making her self seem like the victim in our relationship. I think the way she tells it, I'm the worst human in the world.
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:30
Regular
Machie wrote:

> My ex is always making her self seem like the victim in our
> relationship. I think the way she tells it, I'm the worst human
> in the world.

Wasn't really fair to abduct her from her bedroom as she slept and keep her in an underground bunker for 7 months though ... ;P
Wed 04/10/06 at 10:32
Regular
I gave her newspaper to sleep on, what more does she need!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.