GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Mini Disk Players..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/01/03 at 14:28
Regular
Im hopefully going to get a MD player in the near future... now im going to splash out and go for the expensive ones ( about £200+)It must have Net MD! If you have one or can recommend a rather nice one.. can you post it in here? Also which ones to miss if there are any.

thanks for your help.. jc
Thu 30/01/03 at 19:55
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
TÞhi wrote:
> But then you can only play MP3s. Which is useless, and MD players,
> especially netMD ones are much easier to use and have better quality.

You can convert any format you want into MP3 with ease and if you encode at 192kbps you've got CD quality. I find the two days (plus) worth of music encoded at CD quality and stored in my player not much bigger than a pack of cigarettes very useful indeed.

Easy to use? I stick a firewire cable between my laptop and iPod and then the software automatically sends across any new mp3s from my computer to the Pod. Takes less than a minute to send a whole album and it's done without typing a single command into the PC.

How about you find out a little about the equipment before spouting off that drivel.
Thu 30/01/03 at 19:41
Regular
"hit the road jack"
TÞhi wrote:
> Dr Gonzo wrote:
> get a MP3 player with a good sized hard drive in it.
>
> But then you can only play MP3s. Which is useless, and MD players,
> especially netMD ones are much easier to use and have better quality.

Yeah!! so nur! :D
Thu 30/01/03 at 16:08
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dr Gonzo wrote:
> get a MP3 player with a good sized hard drive in it.

But then you can only play MP3s. Which is useless, and MD players, especially netMD ones are much easier to use and have better quality.
Thu 30/01/03 at 10:07
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
SANDM@N wrote:
> MZ N1
> Its all you'll ever need...

True. This is the machine I have, and it's my walkman, my home player and my car player (with tape adaptor).

Note: Net MD will allow you to transfer cd to md and mp3 to md, but not md to MP3. Really annoying as the reason I got a net md was to get my mds onto my mp3 player, but there you go.
Wed 29/01/03 at 19:02
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Thanks for the posts... i was looking at the Sony MZ-N707.. its about the price i was aiming for.. seems quite a nice little machine. thanks jc
Wed 29/01/03 at 18:04
Regular
"Unknown Legend"
Get an Archos Multimedia 20, MP3 player/recorder, MP4 player/recorder*, Digital Picture Viewer/Recorder*

*With DVCR add on
Wed 29/01/03 at 17:33
Regular
"Look!!! Changed!!!1"
Splash the cash on an iPod - nothing comes close to it. Can't understand the fuss over NetMD, get a MP3 player with a good sized hard drive in it. You can send data to it much faster and store even more.
Wed 29/01/03 at 16:13
Regular
MZ N1

Its all you'll ever need...
Wed 29/01/03 at 12:19
Regular
"oaps.org"
discs won't play on other players depending on what version of atrac they support the Sony n1 does atrac3 and anything recorded in LP2 or LP4 mode wont play on my old Sharp md
Wed 29/01/03 at 12:15
Regular
"oaps.org"
i got an n1 sony net md its great but the net software is cack though. it converts mp3s to wav and saves them on your hard-drive >:( then i have to delete them to get the space back

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.