GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"It's like we predicted the future"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 28/01/03 at 13:27
Regular
Last week, a topic here started off about yoghurt pots and ended up with us proposing a show where Terry Nutkins fought various simians in zero-gravity arenas. It was to be called "Monkey Punch".
Well....

http://fox.com/manvsbeast/

I wonder if we can sue for stealing our future-thoughts?
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Last week, a topic here started off about yoghurt pots and ended up with us proposing a show where Terry Nutkins fought various simians in zero-gravity arenas. It was to be called "Monkey Punch".
Well....

http://fox.com/manvsbeast/

I wonder if we can sue for stealing our future-thoughts?
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, I actually heard about this a while ago. The only contest I knew of was the one with the man trying to beat the bear at eating.

I'm also in the process of making all you Nutkin/monkey related Big-Brother-esque dreams come true...
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:33
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
The forums idea was much better, I mean - 1 elephant against 44 men ???

It should be 1 vs 1 all the way.

Did you see the eating compo - man vs bear ? - what happens when the bear decides he'd rather try to eat the man ? that would be a real show...
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:34
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
There was also a bit where a little dude had to pull a jumbo jet over a set distance faster than an elephant or something. Is it me or is American TV suddenly getting so terrible it's ace?
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've looked at the "challenges" and they suck.
Who wants to see a dude race a giraffe? I want to see an ex-Marine fighting a Kodiak bear, not out-eating it.
And I want to see an Olympic swimmer try to beat a crocodile in a river-swin.

And Terry Nutkins being beaten stupid by an enraged Orangutan in zero-G.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:38
"Darth Vader 3442321"
The gits, we worked hard on developing our ideas.

Anyway why would you want to watch someone race a Giraffe? Two drunken Hippos racing on an ice rink would be a better televisual prospect. Also if there weren't silly laws protecting animals, we'd all love to see if a Polar Bear would best a Gorilla in a scrap.

Yet they make it legal to broadcast Eastenders.

Go figure.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Bounty housewife..."
My money would be on the Polar Bear.

He'd just let the stupid Gorilla walk around beating his chest and wear himself out and then go in for the kill.

Polar bears aint as cuddly as they look.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Chicken vs Werewolf
Polar Bear vs Standy-Still Statue man in Covent Garden
Anaconda vs that old biddy that played Ethel in Eastenders.
Enraged Hippo vs Toby Anstis
Gorilla vs Graham Norton (Trading Places flashback here)

I want gore and fleeing and teeth and fur-ripping.
Or at least a drunken Elephant trying to get back to it's enclosure with loads of irate midgets lobbing velcro spears at a vest it's been forced to wear.
Tue 28/01/03 at 13:59
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Goatboy wrote> Polar Bear vs Standy-Still Statue man in Covent Garden

I second that proposal, though ironically if we had a T-rex vs Standy-Still Statue man in Covent Garden, he'd be doing the exact thing to keep himself alive.

Stubborn Donkey vs Vociferous Velociraptor

Belligerent Badger vs Ostentacious Otter

Playful Puppy from Blue Peter vs Ugly man from any Refuse collection crew with shovel and brick
Tue 28/01/03 at 19:05
Regular
"Rendering Women."
Tony Anstis gets fine women.

Nice.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.