GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Quick fire PSP reviews"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 18:28
"possibly impossible"
A few very short reviews of some PSP games. All my own opinion of course!

Fired Up
--------
Great to play in short bursts. A bit like Twisted Metal with structured missions. Can get repetative, but still good.
7/10

Wipeout Pure
-------------
Lovely visuals, lovely music, lovely game. Addictive.
9/10

Ridge Racer
------------
Fantastic looking and great fun to play, though if you didn't like the gameplay on PS2, you probably won't like this either. Personally, I love it, though sometimes you have to wonder about that powersliding...
8/10

Everybody's Golf (Hot Shots)
----------------
Good solid golfing engine made fun by the interesting sweet characters. Possibly a bit basic compared to something like Tiger Woods, but a playable game with loads to unlock.
8/10

Tony Hawks
----------
Pretty much the same as the console version, but fun in handheld form. The face mapping is really easy, though I couldn't get my hair right! Could do with less of the annoying story though and it took time to get used to the buttons.
7/10

Need for Speed Rivals
---------------------
Hm. Played it and got quite far but it just seemed a bit shallow. Ok for a bit of street racing but pretty average.
6/10

Lumines
--------
Addictive as any puzzle game should be. Now got a copy and its great to delve into. Simple idea, well executed...almost Hypnotic.
8/10
Wed 05/10/05 at 16:13
"possibly impossible"
A few more...

Virtua Tennis
-------------
Great. Just like the full blown console versions only with 4 player link up and portable!
9/10

TOCA
----
Bloomin' hard. Great simulation with loads of different races to unlock, but could have you swearing at your PSP
8/10

Burnout Legends
---------------
Best game on PSP, bar none. Fast, fun and other words that begin with F
10/10
Wed 14/09/05 at 11:49
"possibly impossible"
Some quality titles will be out in time. Burnout this month, Battlefront 2 in October, GT Pocket next year and loads more being announced in the meantime. What's not to like?
Tue 13/09/05 at 20:21
Regular
"It's so,so cold"
I think that Virtua Tennis is also good.Just thought I'd share that with you all....Group hug.

Sorry
Tue 13/09/05 at 18:34
Regular
"Divine Davine"
Wow, just recently played Virtua Tennis and it totally rocked!

The PSP's launch is pretty damn strong, however I'm quite worried with future titles. It's just nothing special. GTA? Woo.
Mon 12/09/05 at 11:46
"possibly impossible"
You have to fire the weapon from where you are facing, rather than turning it with the right stick, apparently it still works ok, but was one of the reasons it got a slightly lower score on Gamespot.

Still, it's got all the best minigames from Ape Academy anyway, so I thought why buy that when you can get the full game and the minigames in one for about £22?
Mon 12/09/05 at 11:32
"period drama"
How the hell is Ape Escape supposed to work without twin analogue?
Mon 12/09/05 at 10:10
"possibly impossible"
Should be getting Ape Escape this week (not the Ape Academy one, the remake of the PS1 game) and Burnout when it comes, so I'll do reviews of those when they come. Anyone else, feel free to contribute...
Mon 12/09/05 at 08:39
Regular
"Anger leads to hate"
I'll add Coded Arms, a good 7/8. Great FPS and the control system works surprising really well.
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:54
Regular
"es argh"
But there's loads of things you can do with the swing, like backspin, extra/less power and whatnot.

And I thought Tiger Woods was a tad basic on the PSP?
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:41
"possibly impossible"
I just found it a bit basic on the swing, so used to Tiger Woods by now. 7 is still a good score in my book, but since nothing has reached a 10 yet (maybe Burnout, Battlefront 2 or LCS)...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.