GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hard drive problems!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
I recently bought a hard drive 60gb needed an upgrade. when installing it. i came across the problem that i couldnt use it as a master. i had to have my old drive as a master and my new as secondry. I cant ditch my old drive coz it wont work if i do!

Help someone!
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:14
Regular
there may be harm in using the old drive as master as it may be slower than the new drive, as turbo said make sure the new drive is master and the old is slave, what operating system are you using.

c.b.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:33
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
If you want to use it as master you need to set the jumper on the new drive as master and the jumper on the other as slave.

Bear in mind if you try to boot a new drive as master with OS installed on it, it won't boot. You can try installing Windows on it, or copy the Windows installation from your old drive to the new, or just use your old drive as master like you have now. There's no harm in it.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:30
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
I recently bought a hard drive 60gb needed an upgrade. when installing it. i came across the problem that i couldnt use it as a master. i had to have my old drive as a master and my new as secondry. I cant ditch my old drive coz it wont work if i do!

Help someone!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.