GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Slow 1MB Broadband (GASP)"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 11/09/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Cool!"
I know! How can Broadband be slow?
It all started off when I was at my friends house and I realized that he had Broadband installed two weeks ago and now it was working.
So we went on it. It was fantastic. Really quick! (I'm stuck with crap 55k dial-up). So went went on playing games and stuff.

The next three or four months past and I went again. We played some PS2, more FANTASTIC Broadband and then I went back home.

I think a month passed when I came to his house again and the tragedy happened.
So we were playing PS2. Then we went on Broadband (I was always excited when we went on broadband!) and it was working fine. But then a Pop-up came up. My friend quickly pressed 'X'. It exited.

An hour passed and were on Broadband, still. Then, when my friend typed a site it took ages to load. In fact it was slower then dial-up. We left it to load, not telling his parents, played ps2 for two hours. My mum came, picked me up. But we had a quick check at the computer and it was still loading.

I went home. Phoned my friend. He said he'd told his parents. A month later they got thier money back and got 2.2 MB broadband which was even better. I went to his house once again. It worked.

So---does anyone know how come the 1MB broadband was slow in the first place. Has anyone ever expierenced it before?

Please tell me. :)
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:18
Regular
"the burning sky"
Probably exceeded his usage limit and got downgraded OR the ISP had technical difficulties OR he had some adaware/malware OR the site he was connecting to was down. Take your pick...
Sun 11/09/05 at 19:07
Regular
"Cool!"
I know! How can Broadband be slow?
It all started off when I was at my friends house and I realized that he had Broadband installed two weeks ago and now it was working.
So we went on it. It was fantastic. Really quick! (I'm stuck with crap 55k dial-up). So went went on playing games and stuff.

The next three or four months past and I went again. We played some PS2, more FANTASTIC Broadband and then I went back home.

I think a month passed when I came to his house again and the tragedy happened.
So we were playing PS2. Then we went on Broadband (I was always excited when we went on broadband!) and it was working fine. But then a Pop-up came up. My friend quickly pressed 'X'. It exited.

An hour passed and were on Broadband, still. Then, when my friend typed a site it took ages to load. In fact it was slower then dial-up. We left it to load, not telling his parents, played ps2 for two hours. My mum came, picked me up. But we had a quick check at the computer and it was still loading.

I went home. Phoned my friend. He said he'd told his parents. A month later they got thier money back and got 2.2 MB broadband which was even better. I went to his house once again. It worked.

So---does anyone know how come the 1MB broadband was slow in the first place. Has anyone ever expierenced it before?

Please tell me. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.