GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What Nintendo has to do to win the people back!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/01/01 at 20:01
Regular
Nintendo made some mistakes with N64 but if Nintendo wants to win the next console war, they need to change the following things.

1.) They need to have better relationships with third parties. They need to do what ever it takes, even if that means them begging on there knees for some developers. If they can get Square, Konami, and Namco, I think Nintendo won't end up last.

2.) Nintendo has a tendency for bringing there console out last. Nintendo may lose a few customers if they release it after X-Box. After all, the X-Box does have better specs.

3.) There weren't many launch games for the N64. Game cube should have atleast ten titles, if not more.

4.) Nintendo needs to get rid of there kiddy image. Although every Nintendo fan knows they make many "mature" games, Sony loyalists don't. Until they find out, they won't be purchasing a Nintendo product. As much as I like Pokemon(sarcasm), they have to go. Nintendo had a real chance to make a franchise that would last. If only they didn't put cute Pokemon in. The show and its morals scare me, and about every one else that is older than 13. It may have been used to help during there unsuccessfull N64 days, but it assured many gamers that Nintendo is cutesy.

Nintendo's future looks bright, but Nintendo needs to change some things. If Nintendo doesn't change 2 out of these 4 things, they will very likely end up second or third in the console wars. I believe that nintendo will pull this off. Also the prices of the games should be taken down but I think this will happen considering they have scrapped the whole idea of cartridge.
Mon 08/01/01 at 18:18
I had the Pokemon Blue, but Yellow! come on, same game new name, nintendo are milking peoples addiction to things Poke.
Mon 08/01/01 at 13:15
Regular
If Nintendo buy Squaresoft and Sega (I know it's only a rumour but if it DID come true...) then it wouldn't need to ditch any kiddy image.

I'd also like to bring to the attention of most of you that the Pokemon gameboy games (the original RPG's which spawned the franchise) aren't quite the childish games that some people make them out to be.

I know that the N64 games, the toys and the programs have been aimed at little kids but the Game Boy games (Red, Silver, Blue and Gold) are challenging even for older gamers and are dangerously addictive (over 100 hours of my life, wasted...)
Mon 08/01/01 at 12:36
i agree
Mon 08/01/01 at 07:40
Nintendo have got to get rid, of thier kiddy look.
Sun 07/01/01 at 23:24
Maybe the game?

Oh yes the topic. Nintendo have lots to do but it is most likely they will end up in the same possition!`
Sat 06/01/01 at 12:20
Regular
Nope.
Sat 06/01/01 at 12:18
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Nintendo have GOT to counter on the slip up of the PS2, it is only small but they have got to take into account that that people, including PS fans are hesitating, and if Nintendo can prove that they can produce better games on a better system for a better price then I think that fans will come back..to Nintendoville!

If they can put out some sort of guarantee then I think that fans will wait, they have dreamcasts N64's and PSX's to keep the occupied, I think for a Next'Gen console they will be willing to wait for a while...but are they willing to wait a year!

PS: You should be able to find real X-Box pics on the net soon, and If I am the only one who hasn't seen them yet and if this is more yeserday's news that I have posted then please don't laugh......too much! ^_^

The Game
Sat 06/01/01 at 11:10
dno. Probably Grix
Fri 05/01/01 at 21:32
Regular
Who the heck was that?
Fri 05/01/01 at 21:29
Regular
You might remember me from films such as 'Who let the rhino's out!'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.