GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why do they do that to us!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 12/09/05 at 19:55
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Picture the scene - the first week back at school. Sixth Form, Year 13. A gruelling week of exam discussion, retake application forms, meeting your new tutor group (which turn out to be full of chavs). The subject teachers drop you in at the deep end - 50 hours worth of homework (ok, I'm exaggerating - but you get the point) with the most taxing stuff you've come across so far. You return for the first time since your early teenage years to the secondary school that nearly ended your life through constant bullying from staff and pupils (a link sixth form school) - facing torment of your early years. Later on in the day, your driving instructor cancels your next lesson.

I put up with that with one thing to drive me on. Fahrenheit was releaed that day and I had pre-ordered a copy. I rushed straight home from school and ran to the bank. I received a nice crisp £10 and and a slightly bent £20 - to accompany some of the ragged notes in my wallet. I walk calmly into the games store, only to be told that it's release had been delayed by a week! My world nearly collapsed. My week was a nightmare and this game was the light at the end of that hellish tunnel. I survived the week - died at the store.

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS TO US (shaking slightly now!). Surely the Government must impose a law saying that if a game says it is to be out on a date - they releases it on that date. - any comments?
Wed 14/09/05 at 12:06
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
If the Government imposed a law saying that a game couldn't come out after a confirmed release date, you wouldn't be able to buy any games at all. There wouldn't be any, as all the publishers would be in prison.
Tue 13/09/05 at 23:29
Regular
Meh- I remember when Mafia was due to come out on Xbox, I'd been really looking foward to it. Went into Game on the day it was supposedly out, and it'd been delayed by a month. I got something decent with my money instead (can't remember what decent thing this was though) and it saved me from buying Mafia. Which was a really, really rubbish port.
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:27
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Hmm, but I do have a loyalty card - maybe oneday I'll get £2.50 off of something. Wow, £2.50... Hrardly going to save me a fortune!
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:20
Regular
"8==="
Eew... Game...

Indeed.
Mon 12/09/05 at 20:13
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
should of done, but you know what Game are like - they rob you for anything half decent. Although I got Broken Sword the week before for a tenner!
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:58
Regular
"8==="
Since you were there you should bought a game that was good but cheap to keep you occupied for a week. :P
Mon 12/09/05 at 19:55
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Picture the scene - the first week back at school. Sixth Form, Year 13. A gruelling week of exam discussion, retake application forms, meeting your new tutor group (which turn out to be full of chavs). The subject teachers drop you in at the deep end - 50 hours worth of homework (ok, I'm exaggerating - but you get the point) with the most taxing stuff you've come across so far. You return for the first time since your early teenage years to the secondary school that nearly ended your life through constant bullying from staff and pupils (a link sixth form school) - facing torment of your early years. Later on in the day, your driving instructor cancels your next lesson.

I put up with that with one thing to drive me on. Fahrenheit was releaed that day and I had pre-ordered a copy. I rushed straight home from school and ran to the bank. I received a nice crisp £10 and and a slightly bent £20 - to accompany some of the ragged notes in my wallet. I walk calmly into the games store, only to be told that it's release had been delayed by a week! My world nearly collapsed. My week was a nightmare and this game was the light at the end of that hellish tunnel. I survived the week - died at the store.

WHY MUST THEY DO THIS TO US (shaking slightly now!). Surely the Government must impose a law saying that if a game says it is to be out on a date - they releases it on that date. - any comments?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.