GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"More Die Hard 4 info"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 26/01/03 at 19:06
Regular
I'm a huge fan of the Die Hard films, and I was looking forward to the prospect of the forth in the series, until I read this:

"I've gotten some inside info from a contact I have at Fox, which has actually read the script to the new movie, the current working title is "Die Hard 4: Die Hardest".

Die Hard 4 will be based in the Caribbean. John McClane accidentally meets up with his daughter who's a cabaret dancer, whom he has had very little contact in the past ten years. Lucy McClane (yes, watch the past movies, his daughter's name is actually Lucy ! lol) will be played by Britney Spears.

McClane will use one gun in the movie, a German Luger which is found in a World War 2 plane wreck underwater. The script says he will only fire it twice, one of them to save his daughter from the villain in the movie. Lots and lots of fist fights will be present, including ones made by Lucy McClane.

They are in talks with Demi Moore about playing the villain, although a villain of Japanese origin has been said to be preferred. The villain is described as athletic, spiteful, unpredictable and beautiful.

The plot includes an all-action rescue of Britney who plays Willis' daughter, when she is kidnapped by a gang."

Ugh, sounds crap, in fact it just sounds like a cheap and cheesy action film you'll usually find on Channel 5 on Sunday nights, not a sequel to one of the best action trilogy's off all time.

I hope to god what's in this article is just a rumour; because I'd hate to see the Die Hard series end with such a turkey.
Sun 26/01/03 at 19:06
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I'm a huge fan of the Die Hard films, and I was looking forward to the prospect of the forth in the series, until I read this:

"I've gotten some inside info from a contact I have at Fox, which has actually read the script to the new movie, the current working title is "Die Hard 4: Die Hardest".

Die Hard 4 will be based in the Caribbean. John McClane accidentally meets up with his daughter who's a cabaret dancer, whom he has had very little contact in the past ten years. Lucy McClane (yes, watch the past movies, his daughter's name is actually Lucy ! lol) will be played by Britney Spears.

McClane will use one gun in the movie, a German Luger which is found in a World War 2 plane wreck underwater. The script says he will only fire it twice, one of them to save his daughter from the villain in the movie. Lots and lots of fist fights will be present, including ones made by Lucy McClane.

They are in talks with Demi Moore about playing the villain, although a villain of Japanese origin has been said to be preferred. The villain is described as athletic, spiteful, unpredictable and beautiful.

The plot includes an all-action rescue of Britney who plays Willis' daughter, when she is kidnapped by a gang."

Ugh, sounds crap, in fact it just sounds like a cheap and cheesy action film you'll usually find on Channel 5 on Sunday nights, not a sequel to one of the best action trilogy's off all time.

I hope to god what's in this article is just a rumour; because I'd hate to see the Die Hard series end with such a turkey.
Sun 26/01/03 at 20:01
Regular
If John McTiernan isn't directing, I don't want to know.
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:16
"Wa-wa-west"
Ahahahahahahahahahah! Britney Spears! She's only good for one thing, and it's not her acting or singing. ;-)
Sun 26/01/03 at 21:50
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
Cipro, you better be joking PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAY YOU'RE JOKING !
Sun 26/01/03 at 22:26
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I wish I was joking, and I really hope that this article isn't a definate summary of what the film will end up as.
Mon 27/01/03 at 00:00
Regular
"That's right!"
I'm sure that's a false report, surely, SURELY they wouldn't mess up the Die Hard series THAT badly

(interesting trivia - Speed was originally gonna be Die Hard 4)
Mon 27/01/03 at 03:32
Regular
Unless Britney gets naked and has lesbian love with half of the female population of America then she really, really shouldn't be in the film.
Mon 27/01/03 at 03:38
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
I doubt Bruce would appear in a film that sounds as crap as that.
Mon 27/01/03 at 05:14
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
FM EXCLUSIVE!!! ONE PAGE OF THE SCREENPLAY HAS COME INTO MY POSESSION!!!

Scene 8: Bruce takes a call on his mobile phone whilst sitting at the Beach Bar on Aruba Island. The caller is Lucy Liu the villainess, who is on her yacht offshore.

Bruce: You did WHAT?
Lucy Liu: I kidnapped your daughter mwa haa haaaa!
Bruce: Keep her.
Lucy Liu: What?
Bruce: I said keep her.
Lucy Liu: But this is the bit where I'm meant ask you to perform an outrageous act of terrorism in order that your daughter remains alive!
Bruce: One, I'm too old. Two, I hate my daughter. Three, these pinacaladas are nice, I should come here more often.
Lucy Liu: Well, I don't want her, what shall I do now?
Bruce: Where are you?
Lucy Liu: On a yacht 5 miles offshore.
Bruce: Throw her overboard, the sharks'll get her.
Lucy Liu: Tried that already. She signed autographs for them...
Bruce: Can't you just shoot her?
Lucy Liu: No, haven't got any guns.
Bruce: Flare gun?
Lucy Liu: Nope.
Bruce: ...
Lucy Liu: Hello?
Bruce: Harpoon?
Lucy Liu: Nope.
*Bruce turns to camera and says*: Couldn't they get Vin Diesel for this one?
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:51
"Wa-wa-west"
Now that sounds like a movie! Make that one!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.