GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"what is the tag to automaticly set a site as your homepage"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 25/01/03 at 17:22
Regular
can anyone tell me the tag so that when ppl visit my site it will automaticly make it their homepage
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:22
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
can anyone tell me the tag so that when ppl visit my site it will automaticly make it their homepage
Sat 25/01/03 at 17:53
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
You can't fo it automatically.
Sat 25/01/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Tornado Of Souls"
you can actually, but i don't know how, and it's kind of annoying. you're best off with a jscript (link) to just bookmark or somthing (i.e. non-automatic. if you start doing all this stuff in the background it's going to annoy people)
Sat 25/01/03 at 18:39
Regular
"bing bang bong"
No, you can't do it automatically. And if you could, I wouldn't tell you how.
Sat 25/01/03 at 19:06
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
ftozzi wrote:
> can anyone tell me the tag so that when ppl visit my site it will
> automaticly make it their homepage

Ha! Looking at your website, I think you'd make a lot of people very angry doing that.
Sun 26/01/03 at 14:48
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
No, you can not do this automaticly.

You can call a JavaScript function to request the browser set the Home Page address to your Web Site, but the Browser will always ask the user if they wish to allow the Home Page address to be changed, and in 99.9% of the cases, the user will select 'NO'.

Don't include this sort of thing on your Web Site. But if you must, include it as a link for the user to click, if they wish, rather than forcing it appon them, becase if they know they will be asked to change their Home Page address every time they come to your site, they won't bother coming back.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.