GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Long post! Mario, This Is Your Life!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 05/01/01 at 11:26
Regular
Michael Aspel: Excuse me, Mario, are you aware that it's 20 years since you first appeared in a game, so I think the time has come...

Mario: Wow it's the big red book! For me?

Aspel: Yes Mario. This Is Your Life!

Aspel: Back in 1980 you first appeared to the world. Do you recognise this voice?

"Ah Mario, it turns out that loosing that Popeye license was a blessing in disguise"

Mario: Why it's my creator Shigeru Miyamoto!

Aspel: Yes, but unfortunately he can't be here tonight, as he's busy working on your next adventure!

Mario: Hope it's a good one!

Aspel: Let's look back to your first game, Donkey Kong.

Here you starred under the name "Jumpman", and worked as a carpenter at this stage in your life. You attempted to rescue your girlfriend Pauline.

And guess what, she's here to see you tonight!

Pauline: Hey Mario honey, how are you?

Mario: Like you care you cheating little.....

Pauline: So you still haven't forgiven me?

Mario; how could I? He was my brother!

Pauline: But you forgave him.....

Mario: Just get out!

Aspel: Moving swiftly on, in 1982 you returned to the arcades, you dumped the nickname, and took revenge out on that pesky gorilla. unfortunately his son was at hand to come rescue him!

Mario: Yes, I remember, we're all friends now though, we race together, play golf and tennis!

Aspel: Then you won't mind that Donkey kong is here to see you!

DK: Oooh Banana.

Aspel: Okay, take a seat monkey boy!

In 1983 you went into partnership with your brother Luigi as a plumber. You may remember one such job in which you encountered countless enemies coming from the pipes.

Luigi: And we sure squished them good!

Mario: He's here?

Luigi: Yes Mario I'm-a here-a! Mario why you no let me be in you're games no more?

Mario: Just leave it okay, don't spoil my moment!

Aspel: You next appeared on the small screen, back in 1985, entertaining millions on the NES, with a new lady to save, Princess Toadstool, and a new enemy, Bowser.

Unfortunately neither can be with us this evening, as the Princess has gone missing, and Bowsers whereabouts are unknown.....

Mario: Ah they can wait till tomorrow, it's my night off.

Aspel: Moving on then. You appeared in two further NES games, in 1988 and 1989, the first of these saw you team up with Toad, Princess, and your brother Luigi against a strange villian, Wart.
The second of these saw a return to saving the Princess, as Bowser and his children reaked havok accross the land. It just happens that this was the best selling game of all time.

Luigi: I was in that one! But not good enough for your N64 adventure?

Mario: Shaddup-a-ya-face!

Aspel: In 1991 you arrived on a new platform, the SNES, and were joined for the first time by a new companion, Yoshi. And here he is!

*Yoshi licks Mario's face*

Mario: Hey go easy on me!

Luigi: He got to be in Mario64. Not me though. And he stole that colour from me!

Aspel: You had another SNES adventure, but not before you thrilled the world with your Go-Karting skills, in Super Mario Kart. After this we saw a blast from your past, in Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, as a baby version of yourself battled a baby Bowser!

Aspel: Then In 1996 you changed the face of Nintendo gaming when you appeared on their new console in Mario64. Once again Bowser had kidnapped Peach, who you were now on first name terms with? He'd also captured 120 magic stars, and scattered them around the land, just to keep you busy.

Luigi: See there was plenty of room for me. This isn't still all about what happened between me and Pauline is it?

Mario: Don't mention that! You promised you wouldn't embarrass me!

Aspel: But maybe the best is still to come! You've spent recent years at rest, either Karting, or enjoying a round of golf with friends, your party games are now also quite infamous!

Mario: And Tennis!

Aspel: I was getting to that, so what's next in the pipeline?

Mario: I guess I'd better go save that Princess again!

Luigi: Can I come?

Mario: Maybe....

meka_dragon PQMS8/00

Did anyone actually bother to read all of that?
Sun 04/01/09 at 17:43
Regular
Toms TK 5.5 is now sold but the 6.8 is still available, and he is open to offers.
Sun 09/11/08 at 23:38
Regular
Hi Tom Stevens has a TK 6.8 and 5.5 for sail. Email me [email protected] for further details
Fri 05/01/01 at 17:46
Regular
Oh wow Harry Potter the games' in development! ugh................
Fri 05/01/01 at 17:43
I have lost all hope in the X-Box now, s***e design, and the specs are falling faster than Americans from bridges.

Certainly they have back up, but how many of them are any good? EA, Peter's one, Lion something.

That's it, nothing to get excited over.
Fri 05/01/01 at 17:36
Regular
"everyone says it"
Welll thats your own fault for using WINDOWS!!!

Stupid Microsoft!!!

Fri 05/01/01 at 12:42
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I skimmed through it, it was quite good. I also have a cold and it is really annoying!
Fri 05/01/01 at 12:40
"High polygon count"
> The damn program I'm using at work keeps freezing on me

Same here - damn Windows!

> and if I wait for it, my nose starts to run!

Have you tried running after it? Or better yet, tripping it up, before it gets to far away?
Fri 05/01/01 at 12:39
Regular
"not dead"
golden rhino wrote:
> I did not.
>
> By the way yu said you were not gonna do anymaore long posts??

I don't remember saying that!

I said I wouldn't post anymore songs, and that I wouldn't just post for the sake of moving up the list.

I did not say I wouldn't post anything too long.

If I did, bring it to the top!

meka_dragon PQMS8/00
Fri 05/01/01 at 12:36
I did not.

By the way yu said you were not gonna do anymaore long posts??
Fri 05/01/01 at 12:26
Regular
"not dead"
Wòókiee Møn§†€R wrote:
> > Did anyone actually bother to read all of that?
>
> Would you be terribly hurt if I said "no"?

Not at all! I needed to do something to keep my mind off this stinking cold, so I wrote Mario's This Is Your Life.

The damn program I'm using at work keeps freezing on me, and if I wait for it, my nose starts to run!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.