GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Essential Movies"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 24/01/03 at 18:55
Regular
Everybody knows about all of the big Blockbuster movies, but what about those movies that don’t have such a high reputation and most people don’t know about?

Well if you know of any essential movies that the majority of people don’t know about, then you can tell us about them in this thread.

I know of 2 movies that are amazing but are way underrated. They are called:

‘Friday’, and

‘Next Friday’.

I’ll just let you get an idea of what they’re all about.

FRIDAY.

Friday is a comedy, which takes a look at a day in the life of 2 friends growing up in a small town in L.A. It stars ‘Ice Cube and ‘Chris Tucker’

It all starts with Craig (Cube) losing his job and his friend ‘Smokey’ (Tucker) hangs around with him to ‘cheer’ him up. But Smokey’s way of cheering people up should be obvious by his name. So they both get high, do some really funny stuff, but that’s just the beginning.

Smokey stole his ‘stuff’ from a local Drug Dealer named ‘Big Worm’. So he and Craig end up getting into a lot of trouble.

So by the end of the day, Craig needs to find a new job, get Smokey out of trouble and stand up to the neighbourhood bully, Deebo.

Well, that’s just a little insight into the film, if you want to know how it all turns out then I really suggest you buy the movie.

Now the next movie

NEXT FRIDAY.

Next Friday carries straight on from the last film. Craig is running away from someone from the first movie. Unfortunately, Chris Tucker isn’t in this movie, but he has been replaced by Mike Epps who plays Craig’s cousin ‘Day-Day who is just as funny as Tucker was.

In this instalment, Craig is sent to live with his Uncle and Cousin. As usual, there is a lot of smoking going on, but the main story this time is that Day-Days house is going to be put up for auction because of some serious debt, so they have to come up with a way of coming up with some money, real quick.

They discover that a Mexican Gang is smuggling drugs from a house in the same street, so they try to steal the drug money to save the house, with some hilarious scenes along the way. Next Friday remains just as funny as Friday ever was and is certainly a must see.

Also, check out the bonus movie video that comes with Next Friday:
‘You can do it’ - by Ice Cube, You’ll like it; I guarantee it.

These movies are hard to come by though. Your best bet is Global Video, where you can get both of them for £20.

So, do you know of any other classics we should know about?
Fri 07/02/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Not a Jew"
"The Craic" it's an Irish comedy, and it's pretty funny.
Fri 07/02/03 at 21:09
Regular
"'what goes here?'"
The godfather series are brilliant!
Fri 07/02/03 at 20:36
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Lou Role wrote:

Look on ebay and see if you can get it from USA. My brother brought an exrental version of it from there. Much cheaper than £15.
Fri 07/02/03 at 20:08
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Lou Role wrote:
> Kastro wrote:
> Also i forgot 'Dont be a menace to south central whilst drinking
> your
> juice in the hood' is a preety funny spoof of the movies i just
> mentioned. It stars Marlon and Shawn Wayans (the guys in Scary
> Movie).
>
>
> That sounds like it could be good. Where's the best place to get it?
> I dont have all that many shops near me, well, none that would stock a
> kind of 'rare' movie like that.
>
> Thanks

You can get it for around £15 on HMVs web page.
Thu 06/02/03 at 20:21
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
Kastro wrote:
> Also i forgot 'Dont be a menace to south central whilst drinking your
> juice in the hood' is a preety funny spoof of the movies i just
> mentioned. It stars Marlon and Shawn Wayans (the guys in Scary Movie).

That sounds like it could be good. Where's the best place to get it? I dont have all that many shops near me, well, none that would stock a kind of 'rare' movie like that.

Thanks
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:57
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Clockers is damn good too.
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:56
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Crazy Legs.
I'm Gonna Git You Sucka.
Mon 03/02/03 at 18:15
Regular
I thought it was a load of toss and I love humour like that.

If you want a funny 'hood' movie then definetly watch Friday.

On another note, watch City of God it's the Brazilian version of Boys in the Hood, an amazing film.
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:39
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Yeah 'I've seen Don't Be A Menace....' It's pretty good.
Mon 03/02/03 at 17:16
Regular
"I dont like tagline"
Also i forgot 'Dont be a menace to south central whilst drinking your juice in the hood' is a preety funny spoof of the movies i just mentioned. It stars Marlon and Shawn Wayans (the guys in Scary Movie).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.