GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Auras and Meditation"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/03 at 20:17
Regular
Last night I had a really weird experience.
Well, maybe not weird entirely, but perhaps a little unexpected.
Totally unexpected.

I just finished a book - Temple of the Winds by Terry Goodkind (very good indeed) - in which a healer could identify the auras around people and himself and then see where their pain was coming from. Not anything particularly new or exiting, you may say, but still interesting nonetheless - fiction or not.

I’ve always passed off the ideas of meditation and inner-peace and auras without a second thought - maybe our country’s general, slightly obstinate view point had rubbed off on me. There didn’t seem to be nay logical explanation why these things could do what some claimed they could; or, if they could, why I’d never heard them explained in detail for me.

But that’s all changed now.

After a lengthy Timesplitters2 session, I went to bed with an annoying, twingey headache I always seem to get after playing FPS’s. As I lay awake, my mind drifted back to that book, and what might possibly happen in the next one in the series - my headache really starting to get on my nerves. Then I thought of this guy - Drefan - the healer. and compared it to everything I’d ever heard about meditation and auras and the like.
So, I decided to give it a go - try some meditation, try and ‘discover’ my aura. I never had before, and never thought I would but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do, so just lay there with my hands at my sides and started taking deep breaths though my nose, out of my mouth. Then I imagined an aura around me - green for some reason, a green light around my body.
Then I imagined sort of draining the aura from my body and drawing it up into a ball shape in my hands, flowing from my legs and arms and chest. At this point, my arms and legs became heavy, just as though they’d had the life sucked out of them.
A little freaked out, I continued.
I imagined taking the ball of the aura from the rest of my body and pressing it into my head, at the back, where it hurt. Then I rubbed my temples and imagined the aura going into my head, and giving it life, making it better.

It got better.

This really freaked me out. I don’t know what I’d done or how I’d done it, but my headache had gone and my legs and arms were still heavy.
I didn’t really want heavy legs and arms. So, with a strange mix of uncertainty and new-found confidence I imagined there being little specks of aura floating in the air all around me. I breathed these in and then channelled them down into my body, making my aura stronger. Soon my legs and arms and all the rest of me felt normal again, maybe even better than before.

And for some strange reason I had this massive grin on my face - I don’t if it was I felt I’ve just discovered something new, or I felt a lot better, or I realised how stupid it all was.
I didn’t really care, which ever it was - my headache was gone and I felt a lot better all over.

This weird experience, that lasted about 45 minutes in the end (I really have no idea how it took that long) really changed my views on a lot of things.
People like Buddhists meditate and things like that - maybe they’re the only ones who know what the world is really like. Maybe what most dismiss as made-up rubbish actually has a firm place in our world.

I’m still a little confused, a little freaked out and maybe even a little scared but I’m defiantly a lot more open minded about just about everything,
FFF
Fri 24/01/03 at 20:47
"period drama"
Heh heh, classic Monty Python scene.

Anywho, I agree with you on the whole 'positive thinking' thing- you mind probably has a greater influence over your body than a lot of natural conditions.

As I said, this thing really freaked me out and I'm not sure if you can pinit down in one specific area of positive thinking or meditiation - it was probably just me wanting this thing to work to prove myself wrong. So it did. Weird stuff liek that always happens.

And, as crazy as it might sound, this experience really got me thionking about other things - how much you can do if you really put your mind to it, unexplained 'magica'l healings (like some wheel-cheair bound bloke suddenly being able to walk). My mind eventually came onto religion and belifs and all that stuff and I thought up some thing I think can explain a lot of these kind of things.
When I get my head sorted out properly, I'll write it out for you all.

This is still very weird.
Fri 24/01/03 at 09:28
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
FFF, you've got to stay off the magic mushrooms.

But, seriously, I know a girl who claim to perform "crystal healing". Being the cynic I am, I usually scoff at such a suggestion but I tried it once and although it didn't fully cure my headache it certainly allieviated the pain.

Also there are place you can go to where you see your "aura" - it involves them using computers and then they give you a colour print out of the different colour auras around you and what they think each colour represents. A bit new-age but I won't judge it until I've tried it.

Having said that, I've also encountered people who believe in the "mind control" syndrome whereby if you believe you're okay, then you are ok. For example, if you have a cold that's annoying you, by believing that you are fine and healthy you become healthy and in good health. I'm not sure how much faith should be placed in this type of radical thought but it's worth considering. Obviously, it won't work on serious injuries - if your arm got chopped off and you saw it lying on the ground with blood spurting out of your stump, there's no way you'd think, "Oh, it's okay, just a flest wound - I'm fine!"

Heh heh! Reminds me a bit of Monty Python and the Holy Grail!
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:55
Regular
"bearded n dangerous"
A good friend of mine reckons he can see people's auras if he puts his mind to it. While on the one hand I'm sceptical, I know that he's an intelligent, sensible geezer, and isn't the type of person to be pulling me leg.

So I guess I believe him.

As for me, I'm as spiritual as the average polystyrene cup. Although I did do a short course in meditation a few years back, and found that to be extremely relaxing.
Thu 23/01/03 at 20:17
"period drama"
Last night I had a really weird experience.
Well, maybe not weird entirely, but perhaps a little unexpected.
Totally unexpected.

I just finished a book - Temple of the Winds by Terry Goodkind (very good indeed) - in which a healer could identify the auras around people and himself and then see where their pain was coming from. Not anything particularly new or exiting, you may say, but still interesting nonetheless - fiction or not.

I’ve always passed off the ideas of meditation and inner-peace and auras without a second thought - maybe our country’s general, slightly obstinate view point had rubbed off on me. There didn’t seem to be nay logical explanation why these things could do what some claimed they could; or, if they could, why I’d never heard them explained in detail for me.

But that’s all changed now.

After a lengthy Timesplitters2 session, I went to bed with an annoying, twingey headache I always seem to get after playing FPS’s. As I lay awake, my mind drifted back to that book, and what might possibly happen in the next one in the series - my headache really starting to get on my nerves. Then I thought of this guy - Drefan - the healer. and compared it to everything I’d ever heard about meditation and auras and the like.
So, I decided to give it a go - try some meditation, try and ‘discover’ my aura. I never had before, and never thought I would but nothing ventured nothing gained.

I had no idea what I was supposed to do, so just lay there with my hands at my sides and started taking deep breaths though my nose, out of my mouth. Then I imagined an aura around me - green for some reason, a green light around my body.
Then I imagined sort of draining the aura from my body and drawing it up into a ball shape in my hands, flowing from my legs and arms and chest. At this point, my arms and legs became heavy, just as though they’d had the life sucked out of them.
A little freaked out, I continued.
I imagined taking the ball of the aura from the rest of my body and pressing it into my head, at the back, where it hurt. Then I rubbed my temples and imagined the aura going into my head, and giving it life, making it better.

It got better.

This really freaked me out. I don’t know what I’d done or how I’d done it, but my headache had gone and my legs and arms were still heavy.
I didn’t really want heavy legs and arms. So, with a strange mix of uncertainty and new-found confidence I imagined there being little specks of aura floating in the air all around me. I breathed these in and then channelled them down into my body, making my aura stronger. Soon my legs and arms and all the rest of me felt normal again, maybe even better than before.

And for some strange reason I had this massive grin on my face - I don’t if it was I felt I’ve just discovered something new, or I felt a lot better, or I realised how stupid it all was.
I didn’t really care, which ever it was - my headache was gone and I felt a lot better all over.

This weird experience, that lasted about 45 minutes in the end (I really have no idea how it took that long) really changed my views on a lot of things.
People like Buddhists meditate and things like that - maybe they’re the only ones who know what the world is really like. Maybe what most dismiss as made-up rubbish actually has a firm place in our world.

I’m still a little confused, a little freaked out and maybe even a little scared but I’m defiantly a lot more open minded about just about everything,
FFF

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.