GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 DVD"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/01/01 at 22:22
Regular
I have heard nothing but bad things about the playstation 2 dvd player. It seems that Sony may have rushed this. I heard that it has many let downs which make it pointless buying dvd's for.

1. It seems to have a problem with playing back.
2. It has no remote control.
3. It seems very fussy about dvd's and will therefor only take some.
4. Is skips ofen.

You may risk buying expensive dvd's for your new console that does not work and then you are stuck with it.

Is this simular to pc's?

Yes they have the same kind of problems, but computers can be upgraded.

It is quite simple wait to get your ps2 because

1. The price will drop
2. Aparantly in Japan they have released a new version of PS2 that wiped the bug of the original.
Thu 04/01/01 at 22:22
I have heard nothing but bad things about the playstation 2 dvd player. It seems that Sony may have rushed this. I heard that it has many let downs which make it pointless buying dvd's for.

1. It seems to have a problem with playing back.
2. It has no remote control.
3. It seems very fussy about dvd's and will therefor only take some.
4. Is skips ofen.

You may risk buying expensive dvd's for your new console that does not work and then you are stuck with it.

Is this simular to pc's?

Yes they have the same kind of problems, but computers can be upgraded.

It is quite simple wait to get your ps2 because

1. The price will drop
2. Aparantly in Japan they have released a new version of PS2 that wiped the bug of the original.
Fri 05/01/01 at 13:21
Lets not forget the good point about the PS2, its also the worlds most powerful games console, plus it has a video and audio outputs (As opposed to a bog standard RF conection which most DVD players have) meaning the PS2 can easily be connected to other equipment eg your VHS player for backing up your movies.
Fri 05/01/01 at 13:36
Yeah that is preety cool. I am getting a ps2 for £40.
Fri 05/01/01 at 15:06
Regular
"OLD Newbie"
Ps2 for £40, where can I get one, me too
Fri 05/01/01 at 16:34
Fri 05/01/01 at 16:37
My mate is going to Tailand and he has got relatives that can get a PS2 for £40 and games for £1. They are not dodgy and they work on English machines. You can still play any PS2 or PS1 games and dvd's that are english. In my opinion this rocks that is why i am getting a ps2 and for example TTT for £1.
Tue 09/01/01 at 23:17
A small question for "The New Jimmy"...

How exactly would you go about hooking up your VHS to a DVD in order to "backup" your movies???

Ever heard of a little thing called MacroVision? If not, it's an digital copyprotection embedded into "all" dvd movies, which prevents the transfer of a dvd signal onto VHS.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.