GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Feeder - Comfort In Sound"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 23/01/03 at 18:46
Regular
I got Comfort In Sound today. Here's my brief review:

1. Just The Way I'm Feeling: A nice start to the album, which I feel should've been the final track, as it's a pretty upbeat song and leaves you in a good mood. Upon first listen as a single, I hated this song, but it's caught on now and I actually like it. A very good chorus.

9/10

2. Come Back Around: Arguably the best track on the album, certainly one of the best, and one of Feeder's best singles (in my opinion). Some very nice riffs in there and the drumming is superb. The lyrics are damn catchy and I found myself singing along to it. Great stuff.

10/10

3. Helium: The album continues with Helium, another track, which although not quite as catchy as the first two, still has some nice rock-ish riffs, which reminded me of the days of Burn. Not particularly memorable, but good nonetheless.

9/10

4. Child In You: A fairly mellow and quiet-ish song. Not one that I particularly liked. Not the kind of Feeder stuff that I am a fan of.

0/10

5. Comfort In Sound: Has a nice, memorable opening riff with some pretty decent vocals. I had a feeling this was going to be similar to the previous track, but it actually broke into a decent chorus. Not bad at all.

7/10

6. Forget About Tomorrow: It was better than Child In You, but still nothing special.

0/10

7. Summers Gone: Another surprisingly good track, like Comfort In Sound. A very nice, rock-ish chorus. Very good.

7/10

8. Godzilla: Reminded me of Helium, which is quite similar in terms of the tuning. Great song and very catchy. A little short though :(

9/10

9. Quick Fade: No better than Forget About Tomorrow.

0/10

10. Find The Colour: Not a bad track, but not as good as some of the others. May be better upon a second listen.

6/10

11. Love Pollution: Not my sort of song.

0/10

12. Moonshine: Not my sort of song. And far too long.

0/10

Apart from the 4 or 5 stinkers, the other tracks were very strong and I think that this is what made the album. Nice to see that even without Jon Lee, Feeder are still going strong. Keep rockin' Feeder!

8/10

Flux.
Thu 23/01/03 at 19:20
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Meh. I'm entitled to my own opinion, you know.
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:54
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Errr your marking system sucks

How can you give one song 8 then the next 0

Tsk tsk
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:50
"Uzi Lover"
I heard most of the album the other day and it gave me a better impression of them then I had before.

Some of the songs sound alot like other songs I have heard. I can remember one of them sounding like the chords from Coldplay's 'Trouble' and another one sounded like 'Nestle' by Far. There were more, i forgot though.

Liked the artwork though. Pretty good art.

Taking of CD artwork, I have an application form in my room and it smells like the booklets you get in CD's but ten times the smell. Pooooooooo
Thu 23/01/03 at 18:46
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
I got Comfort In Sound today. Here's my brief review:

1. Just The Way I'm Feeling: A nice start to the album, which I feel should've been the final track, as it's a pretty upbeat song and leaves you in a good mood. Upon first listen as a single, I hated this song, but it's caught on now and I actually like it. A very good chorus.

9/10

2. Come Back Around: Arguably the best track on the album, certainly one of the best, and one of Feeder's best singles (in my opinion). Some very nice riffs in there and the drumming is superb. The lyrics are damn catchy and I found myself singing along to it. Great stuff.

10/10

3. Helium: The album continues with Helium, another track, which although not quite as catchy as the first two, still has some nice rock-ish riffs, which reminded me of the days of Burn. Not particularly memorable, but good nonetheless.

9/10

4. Child In You: A fairly mellow and quiet-ish song. Not one that I particularly liked. Not the kind of Feeder stuff that I am a fan of.

0/10

5. Comfort In Sound: Has a nice, memorable opening riff with some pretty decent vocals. I had a feeling this was going to be similar to the previous track, but it actually broke into a decent chorus. Not bad at all.

7/10

6. Forget About Tomorrow: It was better than Child In You, but still nothing special.

0/10

7. Summers Gone: Another surprisingly good track, like Comfort In Sound. A very nice, rock-ish chorus. Very good.

7/10

8. Godzilla: Reminded me of Helium, which is quite similar in terms of the tuning. Great song and very catchy. A little short though :(

9/10

9. Quick Fade: No better than Forget About Tomorrow.

0/10

10. Find The Colour: Not a bad track, but not as good as some of the others. May be better upon a second listen.

6/10

11. Love Pollution: Not my sort of song.

0/10

12. Moonshine: Not my sort of song. And far too long.

0/10

Apart from the 4 or 5 stinkers, the other tracks were very strong and I think that this is what made the album. Nice to see that even without Jon Lee, Feeder are still going strong. Keep rockin' Feeder!

8/10

Flux.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.