GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo are not censoring games like they used to."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/01/01 at 19:36
Regular
It has occured to me that nintendo are not bothering about language or violence in there modern games. I can think back to an old simpson game were duff bear was replaced by duff cola. They seemed to be moving off these cartoony games and moving onto violence language and anything else that is not happy. Is this good or bad. Well it is good to me but it is not good for younger players. A great example of this is if you compare goldeneye and perfect dark. Sega has alo adopted this in jet set radio for example there is bad language and they encourage vandalism. It has all changed and we are moving to quick to handle it.
Fri 05/01/01 at 19:18
Regular
Oh wait different topic.
Fri 05/01/01 at 18:34
hey if you dont like the violence go over to Germany im sure thier game restrictions will make you happy
Fri 05/01/01 at 15:07
Regular
I'll tell you what's wrong with violence lad, there is no need for it! There is no violence in Mario Tennis....very good game there is no violence in Banjo-Kazooie really, very good game, there are no Guts spilled out in RRV good Game, the list goes on.

Violence doesn't make games and the reason Nintendo and Sont and Sega a like should sensor games is because there are a lot of 6-10 year olds who like us love computer games and deserve to be able to play games like the simpsons and not have some pointless, oblivious obstace in the way.

Just imagine how many kids would be dissapointed if their favourite game had just enough violence to make their parents take it off them! Games need censoring for the sake of many peoples fun!

If you want blood guts and violence By all the dodgy 80's video's but for us normal people censoring has saved a lot of our gaming fun!

Nothing personal... ;o)

The Game
Fri 05/01/01 at 13:41
Regular
What's wrong with violence anyway?
Thu 04/01/01 at 23:08
Regular
Does it matter if we have a Squirrel shooting urine onto animals that swear at you and you put it all over there face and they die?
Does it matter if you shoot a guy until he bleeds to death?
Not really if a Landowner called Mario can fly and ounch enemies out.
What would you rather have? See now it turns out all games are violent. No matter if it has cuddly characters they can be made into rude cuddly characters instead. Look what RARE have done to Conker!
He used to be a little, cute squirrel in DKR and now what's happened to him?
Thu 04/01/01 at 23:01
Regular
"not dead"
Replacing a bear with a cola hardly seems to be appropriate....

mega_dragon Posting Quality Material Since 8/00
Thu 04/01/01 at 20:09
Regular
"everyone says it"
The Game doesn't believe tony looks after the forums!!!

Its sooo funny in the WWF ForuM!
Thu 04/01/01 at 20:04
sorry i cant see anything wrong with these sort of games.
Thu 04/01/01 at 19:49
Regular
Eternal Darkness.
Thu 04/01/01 at 19:43
What else.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.