GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Please Read..."

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/01/01 at 16:20
Regular
I have just seen an auction for a PS2, and if I bid in the next couple of hours, and no one else does, I'll be able to get it for around £270.

It's from the US, and I was wondering, is there any problem having a US PS2, and buying games/dvds etc from England.

It probably isn't, but I need to be sure.
Please reply soon, Ant.
Thu 04/01/01 at 23:22
"High polygon count"
Possibly, but the only way to find out for sure is to phone and ask...
Thu 04/01/01 at 22:23
Regular
"I like cheese"
Can they reserve one?? Cool. I'll have to ring tomorrow.
Thu 04/01/01 at 21:51
"High polygon count"
> Do you think they'll still have some in stock on Saturday??

I wouldn't like to say. You could phone them and ask them to reserve you one though.

> PS- Am I your worst enemy???

No, not at all - just a figure of speech!
Thu 04/01/01 at 21:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
Thanks, I decided not to. I might go to Toys 'r' Us or Dixons at Basildon.
Do you think they'll still have some in stock on Saturday??

PS- Am I your worst enemy???
Thu 04/01/01 at 21:14
"High polygon count"
Oh yeah, forgot about the voltage issue.

Ant - there's an advert in the papers today for Dixons - "PS2 now in stock - take one home today - £299"

Now you know I wouldn't recommend Dixons to my worst enemy, but my point is that if they have them, some decent retailers must have some also.

For the sake of £30 I have to agree with Panders - getting a US machine isn't worth the hassle.
Thu 04/01/01 at 17:48
Regular
as well as the games being encoded in the same way as DVD, the voltage supply to US Consoles (and PC's) is roughly half that of the UK, a converter will fix it but considering there seems to be a load of PS2's on the shelves at the moment, it all seems like too much of a hassle!
Thu 04/01/01 at 17:18
"High polygon count"
Yes there is.

It will only play Region 1 (US) DVD's, and I believe that PlayStation games are similarly region coded - so you won't be able to play UK games, and would need it chipped.

Anyone agree/disagree?
Thu 04/01/01 at 16:20
Regular
"I like cheese"
I have just seen an auction for a PS2, and if I bid in the next couple of hours, and no one else does, I'll be able to get it for around £270.

It's from the US, and I was wondering, is there any problem having a US PS2, and buying games/dvds etc from England.

It probably isn't, but I need to be sure.
Please reply soon, Ant.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.