GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The PS2s Re-introduction to me"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 17/09/05 at 17:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I got a new, second hand (risky I know) PS2- with an HDD. It's sweet. And it came with San Andreas, GT4, Half-Life, Vice City, GTA III and many peripherals, all for £80.

I'm loving San Andreas at the moment. Far superior to Vice City and fractionally better than GTA III (both of which I sold on).

And due to the HDD, I've hardly noticed any jerking or slow down at all. Even when dricing in fast cars then stopping.

So yeah. I'm playing my PS2 (and intend to) play on it past the releasse date of the PS3 for sure. Especially since I haven't even got Dark Chronicles yet.
Sat 17/09/05 at 17:44
Regular
"The Red Shift"
I got a new, second hand (risky I know) PS2- with an HDD. It's sweet. And it came with San Andreas, GT4, Half-Life, Vice City, GTA III and many peripherals, all for £80.

I'm loving San Andreas at the moment. Far superior to Vice City and fractionally better than GTA III (both of which I sold on).

And due to the HDD, I've hardly noticed any jerking or slow down at all. Even when dricing in fast cars then stopping.

So yeah. I'm playing my PS2 (and intend to) play on it past the releasse date of the PS3 for sure. Especially since I haven't even got Dark Chronicles yet.
Sat 17/09/05 at 17:45
Regular
"The Red Shift"
PS.

The old one was ultra faithful and only packed up because sokmeone poured drink over it whilst "not quite on the ball".

Just incase someone was going to pop up with some criticism. DIsk lens OMG !!11!

It's been faithful for over 4 years now.
Sat 17/09/05 at 17:47
Regular
You don't honestly rate GTA3 above Vice and next to San Andreas?

3 was rubbish in comparison and simply wasn't that great. There were many problems such as dying because you couldn't get out of a car and numerous glitches when saving. The game simply didn't offer enough variety and was nowehere near as polished as the other games.

Granted that 3 was longer than Vice but still, it is nowhere near even touching San Andreas, SA is massive, it's got so much to it and the missions have variety. The missions in GTA3 have variety but it's all too static around each island, which are too small.
Sat 17/09/05 at 17:58
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Meh.

I just typed a huge long reply, tnc. Honest. But it all just crashed and disappeared.

Basically:

They've actually said, less gimic; more gameplay.
Sat 17/09/05 at 17:59
Regular
"The definitive tag"
tnc wrote:
> Granted that 3 was longer than Vice but still, it is nowhere near
> even touching San Andreas, SA is massive, it's got so much to it and
> the missions have variety.

It's also the glitchiest out of the three, and just because it is quite big doesn't mean it's better. I found it to be the least atmospheric of the three and I've played it considerably less than the others.
Sat 17/09/05 at 18:06
Regular
I've found it to be the least glitchy, it has only suffered once whilst GTA3 used to freeze on most savepoints and sometimes when I was simply walking along.

Bigger may not mean better but when bigger means you can pack in more vehicles, better graphical power, more places to explore and more things to do before you complete the game then it's worth it.

The locations actually absorb the atmosphere of the place they're based on, when you get to Last Venturas and you've been to Las Vegas you see just how true to form the gambling atmosphere, neons and valets strewn around the area are.
Sat 17/09/05 at 18:14
Regular
"The definitive tag"
tnc wrote:
> I've found it to be the least glitchy, it has only suffered once
> whilst GTA3 used to freeze on most savepoints and sometimes when I
> was simply walking along.

It's more likely that was down to your copy, your PS2 or your memory card.

Mine did freeze very occasionally, but I can't recall it ever freezing on a save.
Sat 17/09/05 at 18:19
Regular
"lopess"
hi lopes here
Sat 17/09/05 at 20:23
Regular
"Mozzy"
Clazon - Get Ratchet and Clank 3, this game is so damn awesome. Im actually going to play it right now, and complete it as im right near the end.
Sat 17/09/05 at 21:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
Mozzy wrote:
> Clazon - Get Ratchet and Clank 3, this game is so damn awesome. Im
> actually going to play it right now, and complete it as im right near
> the end.

I've already done it.

Twice.

But thanks.

*Hope you enjoy the final battle. I did.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.