GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Oh My XBox!"

The "Xbox Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/01/01 at 19:26
Regular
It's finally happened, we all knew the day would arrive, and now let's look, stare and laugh our heads off at Mr Gates' Ugly Box! I mean as if Microsoft weren't hated enough!

Have you seen it on Special reserve's homepage at UKgames.com? It makes Sony's PS2 look like a famous model in comparison!

Now, let's not forget that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (I know that none of us here have actually read books), but really? The pictures provided may not be of the highest quality but what was Bill thinking?

It's bad enough to have an 'X' style box, but to have the word Xbox in horrible, horrible writing on the side is just disgraceful! So maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, and maybe this isn't the final design, but at least the $500million dollars on advertising doesn't seem such a bad idea - they completely forgot to design the thing!

The controller looks like a bi product of Nintendo's gamecube control and Dreamcast's control, and that, is a bad thing.

I'm sure it'll be powerful, I'm sure it'll be 'successful' (maybe they're aiming primarily and blind people?), and I'm sure that Microsoft will claim it looks lovely, but even the nerdiest, the most unpopular schoolboy or girl in the world will want to hide their Xbox behind the TV, should they actually get one.

They've got money for advertising, and they'll need it for real.
Wed 03/01/01 at 19:26
It's finally happened, we all knew the day would arrive, and now let's look, stare and laugh our heads off at Mr Gates' Ugly Box! I mean as if Microsoft weren't hated enough!

Have you seen it on Special reserve's homepage at UKgames.com? It makes Sony's PS2 look like a famous model in comparison!

Now, let's not forget that we shouldn't judge a book by it's cover (I know that none of us here have actually read books), but really? The pictures provided may not be of the highest quality but what was Bill thinking?

It's bad enough to have an 'X' style box, but to have the word Xbox in horrible, horrible writing on the side is just disgraceful! So maybe I'm jumping to conclusions here, and maybe this isn't the final design, but at least the $500million dollars on advertising doesn't seem such a bad idea - they completely forgot to design the thing!

The controller looks like a bi product of Nintendo's gamecube control and Dreamcast's control, and that, is a bad thing.

I'm sure it'll be powerful, I'm sure it'll be 'successful' (maybe they're aiming primarily and blind people?), and I'm sure that Microsoft will claim it looks lovely, but even the nerdiest, the most unpopular schoolboy or girl in the world will want to hide their Xbox behind the TV, should they actually get one.

They've got money for advertising, and they'll need it for real.
Wed 03/01/01 at 19:29
OK, so maybe that was a little harsh, but it must be alien in origin - it must be!
Tue 09/01/01 at 10:29
Regular
It does look plasticy and awful, that's why the Amiga cd32 didn't sell, cos it looked like rubbish
Tue 09/01/01 at 12:53
Well it is called X-"Box" what did you expect? and let's face it no console is ever going to win any beauty prizes.
If you hate Microsoft just for it's woeful asthetics then Don't ever go near any of their stuff as it will probably make you resort to murder.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.