GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What is UDMA?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 14:29
Regular
Can anyone explain to me what UDMA is?
Tue 28/01/03 at 01:19
Regular
I dont think he will listen to you lol.
Tue 28/01/03 at 01:13
Regular
thats a tiny bit out of date with the UDMA 66/100/133 and i belive 166 and the new sata drives are gonna be udma 150.

c.b.
Mon 27/01/03 at 22:17
Regular
Ultra DMA (UDMA, or, more accurately, Ultra DMA/33) is a protocol for transferring data between a hard disk drive through the computer's data paths (or bus) to the computer's random access memory (RAM). The Ultra DMA/33 protocol transfers data in burst mode at a rate of 33.3 MBps (megabytes per second), twice as fast as the previous Direct Memory Access (DMA) interface.
Ultra DMA was developed as a proposed industry standard by the Quantum Corporation, makers of hard disk drives, and Intel, makers of chipsets that support computer bus technology.

Ultra DMA support in your computer means that it will boot (start) and open new applications more quickly. It will also help users of graphics-intensive and other applications that require large amounts of access to data on the hard drive. Ultra DMA uses Cyclical Redundancy Checking (CRC), offering a new level of data protection.

Because the Ultra DMA protocol is designed to work with legacy application PIO and DMA protocols, it can be added to many existing computers by installing an Ultra DMA/33 Peripheral Component Interconnect adapter card. Ultra DMA uses the same 40-pin Integrated Drive Electronics interface cable as PIO and DMA.

Hope that answers your question

c.b.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:29
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
I recenty found out!
Sun 19/01/03 at 18:34
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
How is that incorrect? heh.
Also, i'd rather ask on here than search Google as you get more opinions or variations on here, some of which you'd probably never have looked for.
Sun 19/01/03 at 18:13
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Fog wrote:
> kiss and make up, also, you 'could' use Google to answer any question
> asked on here.

Incorrect, and I only take offense to people who would rather bother someone else than take the time to look it up on google.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:30
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
kiss and make up, also, you 'could' use Google to answer any question asked on here.
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:14
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Is going to www.google.com too taxing for your puny mind?
Sat 18/01/03 at 15:49
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Its fun to be at the U - D - M - A..

Sorry..

I'm a bit bored you see.
Sat 18/01/03 at 15:08
Regular
"IT'S ALIVE!!"
Same as IDE (40 pins) but with 40 earth too.
http://www.cnet.com/Resources/Info/Glossary/Terms/udma.html

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.