GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Rambo 4 - Farcical?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 18/01/03 at 12:04
Regular
Apparently there are reports of a Rambo 4. Exact dates of when it will be on screen are unsure, but I think either beginning of next year or midway through.

But here's what people may find a little, well, stupid.
In the fourth in the series, John Rambo goes on the hunt for....
Osama Bin Laden.

The original plot for the film ended up with Rambo killing the Al Qa'ida leader with his bare hands.

But even Sly Stallone thought this was tad unbelievable, and pointed it out to the producer/director that it should be changed.

I mean hey, if hundreds (possibly thousands) of military troops, the latest technological advancements such as GPS and un-manned spy planes can't find him, then is hardly likely that tough man Rambo can.

So, the plot was eventually changed. This time to Rambo being the mastermind behind Bin Ladens capture.

Yes, I said Rambo and mastermind in the same sentence.

What do you people think of this?
Is the Rambo series over and done with, and this will flop?
Or will the die hard fans be enough for it to be a success?
Mon 20/01/03 at 18:52
Regular
"Rong Xion Tong"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Die hard Rambo fans? I can't say I've ever met any Rambo fans.

There are loads of Rambo fans. Basically every Rocky fan is a Rambo fan, because they love Rocky for Stallone. Anyway, the Rambo films are great. Especially number 3 which is just hilarious. This will suck. Won't even be funny, but I'll still go see it. As will loads of others.
Sun 19/01/03 at 14:45
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
It's just a cheap cash in like all those Robocop films that have been made since like Meltdown and whatever else. A poor attempt at reviving Stallones flagging career.
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:53
Regular
You can read?
;p
Sat 18/01/03 at 16:12
Regular
yeh i read this in the paper yesterday. should be funny to see
Sat 18/01/03 at 13:17
Regular
"That's right!"
Die hard Rambo fans? I can't say I've ever met any Rambo fans. People will ONLY go and see it if it turns out to be good, which it won't. It's not like Star Wars and Terminator, where people will go regardless of the reviews.
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:48
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Ah, sorry, didn't se Goatboys post.
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:44
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Goatboy mentioned this yesterday, and it still sounds too stupid to believe. The plot just sounds rubbish, and Stallone is way too old to be charging around the desert again shooting people. If it is made, I predict it'll be straight to video.
Sat 18/01/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Apparently there are reports of a Rambo 4. Exact dates of when it will be on screen are unsure, but I think either beginning of next year or midway through.

But here's what people may find a little, well, stupid.
In the fourth in the series, John Rambo goes on the hunt for....
Osama Bin Laden.

The original plot for the film ended up with Rambo killing the Al Qa'ida leader with his bare hands.

But even Sly Stallone thought this was tad unbelievable, and pointed it out to the producer/director that it should be changed.

I mean hey, if hundreds (possibly thousands) of military troops, the latest technological advancements such as GPS and un-manned spy planes can't find him, then is hardly likely that tough man Rambo can.

So, the plot was eventually changed. This time to Rambo being the mastermind behind Bin Ladens capture.

Yes, I said Rambo and mastermind in the same sentence.

What do you people think of this?
Is the Rambo series over and done with, and this will flop?
Or will the die hard fans be enough for it to be a success?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.