GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The reason why Fowler Pulled out of the move to Man City"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/01/03 at 20:43
Regular
Robbie Fowler says he pulled out of a move to Manchester City because he still has a job to do at Leeds.

The England striker stunned football when he called off his £7million switch to Maine Road at the last minute, having undergone a medical and agreed personal terms.

Reports suggest that Fowler turned down the move because City wanted him on a pay-as-you-play deal, but the 27-year-old insists it was because he still wants to prove himself at Elland Road.

"I just thought that I still had something to do at Leeds," he told the Daily Mirror. "I hadn't had the chance to show the fans there exactly what I can do."

"It's not that Manchester City were not attractive. Kevin Keegan is a great manager and I have massive admiration for him, the chairman and the club, and it is an honour to be wanted by him.

"But equally, Terry Venables didn't want me to leave, and I kept thinking of that. I had a medical so that shows how much I thought of Kevin and the club. I was on the verge of signing for him.

"But in the end, I thought and thought about it, and at that moment it just didn't seem right. I still have a lot to do at Leeds.

"In my mind, I want to stay at Leeds United, and now I just want to do my best for the club, go out there and show what I can do. I have had great backing from the club and the fans, and I have always, always appreciated that."
Sun 19/01/03 at 08:50
"Super Diamonds"
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha....(head falls of and rolls around)
Sat 18/01/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
Callum Chapman wrote:
> hammond do u wanna be freinds we can talk on yours for a little while
> then we go to mine for a little whil and we keep on swopping? cos then
> we could win for best in 24 hours

WTF are you on about you stupid fool? :S
Sat 18/01/03 at 19:53
"Super Diamonds"
he should have gone.<<<<<<
Fri 17/01/03 at 22:15
Regular
"Conversation Killer"
ummmmm, yeah
Anyway, i think he may have pulled out due to Man City's current strikers.
Could you see him playing in the first team with Anelka and Goater there?
With leeds he has a chance now Bowyer has gone.
Fri 17/01/03 at 21:02
Regular
hammond do u wanna be freinds we can talk on yours for a little while then we go to mine for a little whil and we keep on swopping? cos then we could win for best in 24 hours
Fri 17/01/03 at 20:43
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
Robbie Fowler says he pulled out of a move to Manchester City because he still has a job to do at Leeds.

The England striker stunned football when he called off his £7million switch to Maine Road at the last minute, having undergone a medical and agreed personal terms.

Reports suggest that Fowler turned down the move because City wanted him on a pay-as-you-play deal, but the 27-year-old insists it was because he still wants to prove himself at Elland Road.

"I just thought that I still had something to do at Leeds," he told the Daily Mirror. "I hadn't had the chance to show the fans there exactly what I can do."

"It's not that Manchester City were not attractive. Kevin Keegan is a great manager and I have massive admiration for him, the chairman and the club, and it is an honour to be wanted by him.

"But equally, Terry Venables didn't want me to leave, and I kept thinking of that. I had a medical so that shows how much I thought of Kevin and the club. I was on the verge of signing for him.

"But in the end, I thought and thought about it, and at that moment it just didn't seem right. I still have a lot to do at Leeds.

"In my mind, I want to stay at Leeds United, and now I just want to do my best for the club, go out there and show what I can do. I have had great backing from the club and the fans, and I have always, always appreciated that."

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.