GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"TV out problems!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 17/01/03 at 16:53
Regular
Right......I have a Geforce4 ti4400, which I have been able to hook up to my tv via an S-VHS cable and scart socket. (The reason being so I could watch Region 1 dvds in my bedroom). All was well, had to tinker around with a few things before I could get it in colour and then it was fine.

Fast forward and after installed the newest of new drivers for my gfx card, when I tried to watch dvds on my tx via my pc a problem arose.......it was in black & white!

I tried to go back into the Device settings tab however the new drivers has made this option disappear.

I am using Windows XP Pro, S-Video to Scart cable, I have tried detonators 41.09 and 40.(?)
I am led to believe that any of the 40. + detonator drivers use a newer version of Nview so I think it may be something to do with that. I will revert back to the 30.+ drivers but it will compramise my performance.
Could anyone recommend a utility or something to try so I could use the newest drivers and allow my tv to display in colour. (aside from swapping drivers all the time or buying new tv)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.
Mon 27/01/03 at 21:25
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
What if you spent all your money on a dvd player instead!
Fri 24/01/03 at 15:31
Regular
First things first go and have a look at www.tvtool.com and download that, it might help secondly what dvd playback software are you using and did you install the WDM drivers for the graphics (the latest one's form nvidia's site)?

c.b.
Fri 24/01/03 at 04:02
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Can anyone offer any suggestions?
Fri 17/01/03 at 16:53
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Right......I have a Geforce4 ti4400, which I have been able to hook up to my tv via an S-VHS cable and scart socket. (The reason being so I could watch Region 1 dvds in my bedroom). All was well, had to tinker around with a few things before I could get it in colour and then it was fine.

Fast forward and after installed the newest of new drivers for my gfx card, when I tried to watch dvds on my tx via my pc a problem arose.......it was in black & white!

I tried to go back into the Device settings tab however the new drivers has made this option disappear.

I am using Windows XP Pro, S-Video to Scart cable, I have tried detonators 41.09 and 40.(?)
I am led to believe that any of the 40. + detonator drivers use a newer version of Nview so I think it may be something to do with that. I will revert back to the 30.+ drivers but it will compramise my performance.
Could anyone recommend a utility or something to try so I could use the newest drivers and allow my tv to display in colour. (aside from swapping drivers all the time or buying new tv)

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.