GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo DS plugs"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 19/09/05 at 21:28
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Ok, I know any game from any region can work on any DS, but I'm wondering about the power supplies. You see, I'm thinking of grabbing a DS and Nintendogs for my Fiancee so she has something to mess about with at college when shes bored (seems like a game thats good for short sessions).

Thing is, shes in the States, so I would no doubt grab it for her when I'm out there. But, next year we're getting married and she'll be living here, so I need to know - will I be able to buy a new plug for our sockets here that she can plug the DS into ? Or would I have to grab an adapter for her American plug ?

Funnily enough, theres 3 breeds of dogs that we've talked about owning (in real life) and they all so happen to be on one of the versions of the game.
Tue 20/09/05 at 01:30
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Me ? Exchange ? Um, I haven't bought anything yet ! ;-) I'm just thinking of what options to take with my American Fiancee moving here next year. I'll probably grab it while I'm in the States so I can take advantage of the exchange rate. ;-)

Mind you...... I am actually tempted to grab one myself. I'm watching a few Dachshund versions of Nintendogs on ebay at the moment to see if I can grab one cheap. But I dunno if I'm watching it for my Fiancee or me, if you get my drift. ;-)

Thing is though, I don't wanna get it for just one game, but at the same time, I don't wanna play things like FPS on it. I'd want it for more pick up and play, gimmick games. I have my XBox and soon an XBox 360 to cover the big shooter games, etc.

I like the look of that Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, looks a cool little game. :-) Dunno when its due out though. There was one on ebay which apparently had an English language option - but sod that, I'm not buying stuff from Hong Kong. So, so far I have two games I'd want.
Tue 20/09/05 at 00:03
Regular
"Balls"
hey I'll exchange my USA one for your UK one. It being used in converter and its rather chunky.
Mon 19/09/05 at 23:36
"Tesco value"
£4.99 from LAME and problem solved! :-)
Mon 19/09/05 at 23:02
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
Excellent, I may look into that then. ;-) Thanks guys.
Mon 19/09/05 at 23:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I have an American DS, and I use a UK charger (came with my GBASP) to charge it. It's definitely the best option.
Mon 19/09/05 at 22:00
Regular
"tinycurve.gif"
You could just get a British one and an American power adaptor? I did that in Holland a few weeks ago and all worked fine. That was a GBC though.
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:47
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yeh, I have one
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:43
Regular
I reckon so but I'm not 100%.
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:41
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
So I can buy a UK plug and it'll work on an American DS ?
Mon 19/09/05 at 21:35
Regular
"hit the road jack"
Yeh, chargers are around 15 quid. GAME and places do them

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.