GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Tear for Rage"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 15/01/03 at 02:17
Regular
Yes, tonight this bout on Rocky is dedicated to Rage, who, it seems, have tanked.

Personally, I think expecting a lame Beckham license to make significant inroads on ISS and FIFA was something of a mis-call, but nontheless they've been envolved in some great games, and if they do go under it'll be a loss to us all.

This knockout's for you guys
Wed 15/01/03 at 02:17
Regular
Yes, tonight this bout on Rocky is dedicated to Rage, who, it seems, have tanked.

Personally, I think expecting a lame Beckham license to make significant inroads on ISS and FIFA was something of a mis-call, but nontheless they've been envolved in some great games, and if they do go under it'll be a loss to us all.

This knockout's for you guys
Wed 15/01/03 at 09:30
Regular
"Smooth Operator"
Yep - shame to see them go. It's not over yet tho...so keep an eye on the press.

The first and last game a I bought from them was absolutely superb, Antaeus Rising or summat like that on the PC. It really had a very interesting take on things, bit like Command and Conquer (unit management and stuff) but it allowed you to put personalities in each craft/vehicle which affected how good they were in doing certain things eg construction, harvesting, attacking. Then - if one of them was performing a particularly important role you could "hop" right in and take over yourself(and this was a game that came out in 2001 might have been the first I wouldn't know) and the physics were absolutely great. The buggy was my favourite. If you see it and have a PC I strongly encourage you give it a try. Good story too.

Rage: - Rage on chaps, get bought or something but don't let the talent split up...
Wed 15/01/03 at 11:29
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
And another one bites the dust.

:)
Wed 15/01/03 at 11:32
Regular
""
I've always wondered... how do you bite dust?

WW
Wed 15/01/03 at 12:23
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Weird wonder wrote:
> I've always wondered... how do you bite dust?
>
> WW

Get a brush, sweep up all the dust into a dustpan. Now empty the dustpan into your mouth, chew and swallow.

On another note, Rage were crap. No loss there.
Wed 15/01/03 at 14:42
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Hostile Waters on the PC was the only decent game I ever played from Rage, it was quite simply an amazing strategy game that was ignored by a great number of gamers. Though that could be because Rage didn't have a great deal of "amazing" in their collection.

The other games they had ranged from all right to crap, such as Incoming and expendable, which I found quite entertaining, but eventually became too repetitive. Then there where games like Crashed and Twin Calibre which where admirably trying something a bit different, but failed miserably.
Wed 15/01/03 at 20:11
Regular
""
cookie monster wrote:
> Weird wonder wrote:
> I've always wondered... how do you bite dust?
>
> WW
>
> Get a brush, sweep up all the dust into a dustpan. Now empty the
> dustpan into your mouth, chew and swallow.
>
> On another note, Rage were crap. No loss there.

What happens if you can't chew cos you aint got teeth... Ha! Put that in your pipe and smoke... how do you actually smoke words anyway??????
Sun 19/01/03 at 15:58
Regular
Rage were brilliant programmers but they just couldn't come up with game ideas or at least the ones they did come up with were dull.

Take gunmetal on xbox. Brilliantly programmed, totally uninspired.

Basically a mismanaged company. They needed game designers and good ones.

I hate to say it but their games were souless with almost no personality.

I hope some of the Rage guys can go away and reinvent themselves as something else and think more about the end gamesplayer rather than what they think would be cool.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.