GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"T.A.T.U"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 19:47
Regular
Tatu, T.A.T.U, taty, whatever. A new, to us in the west, pop duo whose video has caused more than a few people to be confused if they have not heard of these two before. Yes, they are indeed kissing each other.

This alone, will, and I'm being cynical here, cause the single to sell to many a male teenager, for obvious reasons.

Me ? I like the music because it sounds different to the pop stuff we have over here, and I think they will do well, if not necessarily in a long term way. In Russia they have had success for some time, and judging by the demand for items on Ebay, that success could be mirrored here also.

With the single, All The Things She Said, available to buy on the 27th Jan, time will soon tell. I'm just wondering who their target audience is ? Lets face it, to succeed most pop artists have to be likeable in some way to their fans. No one says their favourie artist is ugly but sings well do they ? I think any attempt to aim the music at the Britney Spears/Boy band kids market is doomed by the obvious questions their relationship will provoke from our blood hound media. Or will it be ignored by them, another issue sidestepped because it makes uncomfartable reading for those easily outraged by anything that veers from their "normal" view.

Still, maybe controversy is a good way to sell albums and singles ? Am I being too cynical about British attitudes towards a lesbian pop duo ? You did know, didn't you ? See, I told you our press might sidestep that one...

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 14/01/03 at 19:47
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Tatu, T.A.T.U, taty, whatever. A new, to us in the west, pop duo whose video has caused more than a few people to be confused if they have not heard of these two before. Yes, they are indeed kissing each other.

This alone, will, and I'm being cynical here, cause the single to sell to many a male teenager, for obvious reasons.

Me ? I like the music because it sounds different to the pop stuff we have over here, and I think they will do well, if not necessarily in a long term way. In Russia they have had success for some time, and judging by the demand for items on Ebay, that success could be mirrored here also.

With the single, All The Things She Said, available to buy on the 27th Jan, time will soon tell. I'm just wondering who their target audience is ? Lets face it, to succeed most pop artists have to be likeable in some way to their fans. No one says their favourie artist is ugly but sings well do they ? I think any attempt to aim the music at the Britney Spears/Boy band kids market is doomed by the obvious questions their relationship will provoke from our blood hound media. Or will it be ignored by them, another issue sidestepped because it makes uncomfartable reading for those easily outraged by anything that veers from their "normal" view.

Still, maybe controversy is a good way to sell albums and singles ? Am I being too cynical about British attitudes towards a lesbian pop duo ? You did know, didn't you ? See, I told you our press might sidestep that one...

~~Belldandy~~
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:39
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I heard that they were picked in a pop idol like thing and then oh all of a sudden fell in love

They're being forced to be lesbians

But two attractive Russian females kissing is a sight I like to see

Ahem
Tue 14/01/03 at 20:42
Regular
Excellent.

I gotta check this video out for myself.

Won't make me run out and buy the single though......unless it has the video on it :D
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Belldandy wrote:
> No one says their favourie artist is ugly but sings well do they ?

I'm pretty sure I've said that in the past.

Never heard of these Russian lasses before though.
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:03
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
It's being played on all pop music channels, even Q are playing it!

It's gonna be incredibly overplayed, and the video is nothing special, you see a kiss and that's about it, it's just huggin for therest of it...

They also look quite minging in the video but the picture I saw of them in the paper is far far better!
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:43
"possibly impossible"
Want to see the video? try www.yahoo.com (the American one) and click music from the list of subjects. This gets you to the Launch area, where you type in TATU. Not that I've looked.

Anyway the TATU song and video was produced by the guy who did Relax for FGTH, which says it all really. The rest of their album is supposed to be only half as good, which doesn't really say that much...
Wed 15/01/03 at 00:01
"High polygon count"
A friend told me about these last week.

Apparently, they strip each other down to just their knickers at their concerts.

And there are photos on the web to prove it.
Wed 15/01/03 at 03:10
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Clever, that's all it is.

Clever in the fact that, to disguise a genuinely bad song, they act like lesbies; this makes the general public say "But he kids only like it because the kiss each other". This is what the PR of TATU wanted.

All the while, the song is floating up the charts faster than helium-***d.
Wed 15/01/03 at 03:14
Regular
"5 European Cups!!!"
Expletive Deleted wrote:

"But he kids only like it because the kiss each other".
-------------- It should have said:-

"But the kids only like it because they kiss each other".
Wed 15/01/03 at 09:20
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
It's got you lot talking about them and debating the merits of yet another 15min grabbing poptart snack.

I'll buy the single if it means they come round and perform hardcore, nasty things in front of me.
Other than that? I've got an Otis Redding "Best Of..." - that's music enough for me

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.