GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I tripped over my Network cable!! :("

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 18:47
Regular
Today I was walking between my tow computers and tripped over my netowork crossover cable, now my network no longer works, yet the cable seems OK. I think I have either screwed the cable by snapping a wire ooooor I have messed up the connections on one of my network cards, overall, not a good thing, the network info. shows that they are sending and recieving informaton between each other BUT file/printer sharing etc. doesn't work.

Any Ideas??
Tue 14/01/03 at 18:47
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Today I was walking between my tow computers and tripped over my netowork crossover cable, now my network no longer works, yet the cable seems OK. I think I have either screwed the cable by snapping a wire ooooor I have messed up the connections on one of my network cards, overall, not a good thing, the network info. shows that they are sending and recieving informaton between each other BUT file/printer sharing etc. doesn't work.

Any Ideas??
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:00
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
I presume you have tried unplugging and plugging in the cables again and then restarting both machines?
Tue 14/01/03 at 21:31
Regular
"http://fabio2003.tk"
Well,i think its broken. the same thing happened to my brother,he tripped over it,he just got a new network card. it should do the trick,wouldnt bother to get it repaired. waste of money
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:17
Regular
"Eff, you see, kay?"
Yeah you could have bent one of the pins or connections within the NICs.
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:23
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Could check the PCI connection of the network card inside the PC, that may have come loose.

Can the computers ping each other?
Tue 14/01/03 at 22:44
Regular
hmmm tripping over shouldnt do much but move the cable out of position but not mess up the PCI card. Just get ur ISP tech over..
Wed 15/01/03 at 18:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Miserableman wrote:
> Could check the PCI connection of the network card inside the PC, that
> may have come loose.
>
> Can the computers ping each other?

One computer can ping the other, but the second computer can't ping the first one, I thing I've scragged the onboard LAN. Yes I've tried re-plugging in the cable and restartting with no-luck. Will check the pins later, I'm pretty sure its one of the NICs now and not the cable. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.