GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Will Self owns Richard Littlejohn"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 14/01/03 at 13:07
Regular
I've never been a big fan of Self's books to be honest, but having read the transcript of an interview Nicky Campbell did with Self and Richard Littlejohn, he's one of my new heroes.
I can't find the link, it's on the BBC site somewhere and I can't get it again...dammit.
But here's the edited transcript. Read and witness Richard Littlejohn trying to argue with somebody that can use proper words and everything.
------

CAMPBELL: Neither did I get a chance to read yours Richard but that's not to say that I won't. But what do you make of what David Aaronovitch has said? It is front page in the Independent. He says Richard Littlejohn's novel is a 400-page recruiting pamphlet for the BNP.

LITTLEJOHN: What else do you expect from an overgrown student union leader who used to be a member of the Communist Party? I think it is a badge of honour to be attacked by people like David Aaronovitch to be perfectly honest. I might put it on the cover.

SELF: Well he is right.

LITTLEJOHN: Is he?

SELF: It is a 400 page... I've read 200 pages of it and that is a 200 page recruiting leaflet for the BNP.

LITTLEJOHN: Well, you can't comment until you have read the other 200.

SELF: Why? Does it suddenly turn into Tolstoy?

LITTLEJOHN: You'll have to read it and find out, won't you.

SELF: Well it won't take me long

LITTLEJOHN: I wouldn't take the far right because you haven't read the book, clearly. You have read parts of it. The fact of the matter is I wouldn't expect anything else from you. You people, you conduct -

SELF: You haven't read my book have you?

LITTLEJOHN: I know I haven't. I'll just take it with me to the land of the free and read it by the swimming pool. It has had some fantastic reviews.

SELF: At least I have had the decency despite I'm only appearing on a radio show with you to actually bother to engage -

LITTLEJOHN: Well I didn't even know I was appearing on a radio show with you until 9 o'clock this morning otherwise I might have made an effort and at least tried to read some of it.

SELF: I knew I was appearing on this show with you last week.

LITTLEJOHN: Well nobody told me that but that is neither here nor there.

CAMPBELL: It wasn't deliberate, it wasn't deliberate.

LITTLEJOHN: But you people do tend to conduct a debate amongst yourselves.

SELF: I am engaging in a debate with you and I have done my preparation.

LITTLEJOHN: But you haven't read the book in its totality and you have to read the book in its totality.

SELF: Why?

LITTLEJOHN: In order to understand it.

SELF: Does it turn into Tolstoy at page 205?

LITTLEJOHN: No it doesn't turn into Tolstoy. I don't set out to be Tolstoy. It is a much more complex book than that.

SELF:Than Tolstoy?
--

Try and find the whole thing, it's superb.
I detest Richard Littlejohn with a passion
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:07
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I've never been a big fan of Self's books to be honest, but having read the transcript of an interview Nicky Campbell did with Self and Richard Littlejohn, he's one of my new heroes.
I can't find the link, it's on the BBC site somewhere and I can't get it again...dammit.
But here's the edited transcript. Read and witness Richard Littlejohn trying to argue with somebody that can use proper words and everything.
------

CAMPBELL: Neither did I get a chance to read yours Richard but that's not to say that I won't. But what do you make of what David Aaronovitch has said? It is front page in the Independent. He says Richard Littlejohn's novel is a 400-page recruiting pamphlet for the BNP.

LITTLEJOHN: What else do you expect from an overgrown student union leader who used to be a member of the Communist Party? I think it is a badge of honour to be attacked by people like David Aaronovitch to be perfectly honest. I might put it on the cover.

SELF: Well he is right.

LITTLEJOHN: Is he?

SELF: It is a 400 page... I've read 200 pages of it and that is a 200 page recruiting leaflet for the BNP.

LITTLEJOHN: Well, you can't comment until you have read the other 200.

SELF: Why? Does it suddenly turn into Tolstoy?

LITTLEJOHN: You'll have to read it and find out, won't you.

SELF: Well it won't take me long

LITTLEJOHN: I wouldn't take the far right because you haven't read the book, clearly. You have read parts of it. The fact of the matter is I wouldn't expect anything else from you. You people, you conduct -

SELF: You haven't read my book have you?

LITTLEJOHN: I know I haven't. I'll just take it with me to the land of the free and read it by the swimming pool. It has had some fantastic reviews.

SELF: At least I have had the decency despite I'm only appearing on a radio show with you to actually bother to engage -

LITTLEJOHN: Well I didn't even know I was appearing on a radio show with you until 9 o'clock this morning otherwise I might have made an effort and at least tried to read some of it.

SELF: I knew I was appearing on this show with you last week.

LITTLEJOHN: Well nobody told me that but that is neither here nor there.

CAMPBELL: It wasn't deliberate, it wasn't deliberate.

LITTLEJOHN: But you people do tend to conduct a debate amongst yourselves.

SELF: I am engaging in a debate with you and I have done my preparation.

LITTLEJOHN: But you haven't read the book in its totality and you have to read the book in its totality.

SELF: Why?

LITTLEJOHN: In order to understand it.

SELF: Does it turn into Tolstoy at page 205?

LITTLEJOHN: No it doesn't turn into Tolstoy. I don't set out to be Tolstoy. It is a much more complex book than that.

SELF:Than Tolstoy?
--

Try and find the whole thing, it's superb.
I detest Richard Littlejohn with a passion
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:09
Regular
"bit of a brain"
When you says owns, do you mean marries?
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:11
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Bwah ha ha haaaa! I'm a bit of a fan of Will Self; he's got the whole 'condescending humour' thing going on, yet is happy to take the proverbial out of himself (witness Shooting Stars). And anyone who humiliates Littlecock get's my appreciation!
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:12
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Excellent.

http://www.tvgohome.com/1606-2000.html
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I just wished I heard the disdainful pause from Self and then

"...than Tolstoy?"
Tue 14/01/03 at 13:21
Regular
"bit of a brain"
TVGoHome is genius.
Genius.
Tue 14/01/03 at 14:07
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I've read some of his books

I love his dry sense of humour as well
Tue 14/01/03 at 15:45
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
gerrid wrote:
> When you says owns, do you mean marries?

No, i think he means owns as in 0wn4ge, D13 N3wB13 SCUM!!!!
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:19
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
how does he own him there? all he does is repeat one poor attempt at trying to be condesending with the Tolstoy 'gag'. If he knew he was going to be on a week in advance he might have actually bothered to read the whole thing seeing as he had the time to. Ah well he comes off as a arrogant, up himself in his own importance type of person anyway don't know why i'm surprised.

p.s bring back Mark Lamarr to Shooting Stars!!
Tue 14/01/03 at 16:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
At times I find Self incredibly humourous while at others I think he's too condescending for his own good. Classic bit there though.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.