GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Virtual Reality"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 18:49
Regular
Could virtual reality ever take over actual reality. Imagine it, you step into a chamber close the lid and your in there for the rest of your life, living a life, controlling yourself, but its virtual reality. This is like the idea behind the movie Vanilla Sky where you go into a lucid dream and your whole life is a dream controlled by you.

What i'm thinking of is if you get put into a chamber at birth and live your life like normal but if you die you start again. A new life, a new chance but you dont remember your previous life, dont know your living out a virtual life, in essence your a living, breathing reality. Are we carrying out real life, or are we back in the chamber, sleeping, living out a virual life? Think about it. You dont remember being put in the chamber but your living a virtual life, it feels so real though, i feel pain, love, hate, anger, jealousy. I eat, sleep, play, work have sex just like in real life. Am i living out a virtual life or is it real life.

Who is to say that everyones life is a lie. We might all be in chambers living, endlessly in a made up world. Never knowing when one lifetime ends and another begins. Your just there all the time, not knowing your life isnt real. When you die, do you restart, put extra credits in, game over, load up a new game? How can you prove we live real lives? You can't. Surely what we dont know cant hurt us, you think about it, in your chamber, thinking up this whole life, is it a fallacy? You tell me.
Mon 13/01/03 at 18:49
Regular
Could virtual reality ever take over actual reality. Imagine it, you step into a chamber close the lid and your in there for the rest of your life, living a life, controlling yourself, but its virtual reality. This is like the idea behind the movie Vanilla Sky where you go into a lucid dream and your whole life is a dream controlled by you.

What i'm thinking of is if you get put into a chamber at birth and live your life like normal but if you die you start again. A new life, a new chance but you dont remember your previous life, dont know your living out a virtual life, in essence your a living, breathing reality. Are we carrying out real life, or are we back in the chamber, sleeping, living out a virual life? Think about it. You dont remember being put in the chamber but your living a virtual life, it feels so real though, i feel pain, love, hate, anger, jealousy. I eat, sleep, play, work have sex just like in real life. Am i living out a virtual life or is it real life.

Who is to say that everyones life is a lie. We might all be in chambers living, endlessly in a made up world. Never knowing when one lifetime ends and another begins. Your just there all the time, not knowing your life isnt real. When you die, do you restart, put extra credits in, game over, load up a new game? How can you prove we live real lives? You can't. Surely what we dont know cant hurt us, you think about it, in your chamber, thinking up this whole life, is it a fallacy? You tell me.
Mon 13/01/03 at 19:45
Regular
Life is a real illusion wherein creativity is the Will-to-Power that drives normality.
Tue 14/01/03 at 10:05
Regular
"Back from the dead!"
I must be rich in my 'real life', seeing as I'm doing so badly in this one I keep having to feed in extra credits...
Tue 14/01/03 at 12:17
Regular
"cachoo"
Like in the movie Vanilla Sky, there's that 'Tech Support' man. If what you're saying is true, then I must be in a Lucid Dream and you're my Tech Support..!! Because I always thought about that, so you must be controlling what I'm thinking... little paranoid now... turning into a nightmare :-O

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.