GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Devil may cry 4 trailer!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Devil May Cry 4'.
Thu 22/09/05 at 01:36
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Well, after browsing around, I found a trailer for the new devil may cry...headed for ps3. [URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/search.php[/URL], it won't let me direct link, so in the search bar, type in "Devil May Cry 4" and scroll down a bit until you see a clip for devil may cry 4 called "TGS 2K5 Game trailer", and then just click to view it.

It's probably all CGI, but it looks pretty sweet all the same. Even if Dante does look a bit demented now!
Sun 25/09/05 at 04:32
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Hmm, well a lot has changed since then kilgore. :)

I was 16 then, and heavily obsessed with games. I'm 18 now, and all I want is a decent job and a gf...you egg. XD

Hmm, that's still a good and un insulting insult. :p

Prince of persia is my favourite game now, and the third one is looking top notch. Anyone else looking forward to this? There's a load about it on gamespot and ign, but I don't think it's been put in this database yet. :(

Lol, I didn't think this place had a sense of humour before to be honest. Everyone flamed each other, so I thought you got around this place by being depressed and insulting. :p

"It's so depressing" [/Marvin]

Egg...the magical chicken offspring thing!
Fri 23/09/05 at 12:55
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
I was talking about me as much as I was talking about you.

Doofus.
Fri 23/09/05 at 11:02
Regular
Kilgore Trout wrote:
> Post on public forums and there's always some smartarse who'll take
> issue with your opinion.

That's it, I'm never coming back :-P.
Fri 23/09/05 at 09:47
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Vergil wrote:
> Although, I thought the whole point of these forums was to submit
> stuff, yet when I do, the staffies/mods whatever also have a moan.
> You all need to calm down a bit...take anger management or something.

Ha ha. Grrrr.
Ok, I'll try and calm down if you try and get a sense of humour. Was just a joke directed at your past slight obsession with DMC.

Post on public forums and there's always some smartarse who'll take issue with your opinion. Don't take it so seriously. Doofus.

'Doofus' is my word of the day.
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:02
"I bonk polygons for fun"
Thu 22/09/05 at 23:01
Regular
Vergil wrote:
> Bonus wrote:
> Vergil wrote:
> It's probably all CGI, but it looks pretty sweet all the same. Even
> if Dante does look a bit demented now!
>
> I'll put one vote in for me actually caring too, just to stick up
> for
> you against the staff ;-).
>
> Hmm, how considerate when all you do is moan about me. ¬_¬

I didn't realise posting in two of your topics as accumulating to all I do turns out to be moaning at you.

> So why is it that people call fmv's cgi, rather than in game clips?

Quite easy because they're not and never have been rendered in the game engine but more likely rendered in an animation package.

> I know what I'm on about, so please, just hush. I put this on as a
> favour to you lot, but I knew you'd be the first to have a
> go....seeing as you can't accept it when you are wrong and all.

I haven't said anythign that's wrong, and if you're not interested in it anyway why bother retorting and just leave it for people who don't know there is a difference between scripted/pre-set animation and actual physical simulation.

> Now please stop making all of my topics into some sort of spam topic
> by causing/provoking arguements...appreciated.

I'm not trying to provoke arguements, all I did was point out that these clips might not be indicative of the final performace of the PS3 as they are animation sequences and not actual gameplay footage.

> Although, I thought the whole point of these forums was to submit
> stuff, yet when I do, the staffies/mods whatever also have a moan.
> You all need to calm down a bit...take anger management or something.
> ¬_¬

Same to you, I didn't see anything in this thread looking even remotely annoyed or threatened until I got to your last post.
Thu 22/09/05 at 16:48
Regular
"Jackpot!"
Bonus wrote:
> Vergil wrote:

> I'll put one vote in for me actually caring too, just to stick up for
> you against the staff ;-).

Hmm, how considerate when all you do is moan about me. ¬_¬

So why is it that people call fmv's cgi, rather than in game clips? I know what I'm on about, so please, just hush. I put this on as a favour to you lot, but I knew you'd be the first to have a go....seeing as you can't accept it when you are wrong and all.

Now please stop making all of my topics into some sort of spam topic by causing/provoking arguements...appreciated.

Although, I thought the whole point of these forums was to submit stuff, yet when I do, the staffies/mods whatever also have a moan. You all need to calm down a bit...take anger management or something. ¬_¬

Edit: Answering what you said kilgore...no, I'm not too interested in it, so I was submitting it for those who are interested to see it...thanks.
Thu 22/09/05 at 16:08
Regular
Vergil wrote:

Dunno if you are starting to lose your way a bit. All games would be CGI as they are computer games.

The question is if it is being rendered at a real-time frame rate or not.

For instance Monsters Inc frames took 4-9 minutes each to render and as they aren't being rendered at a rate of 60 a second, they look much mroe detailed as the developers can do more. CGI films and games are now both done using shaders, all that matters these days is frame rate.

I'm guessing it is real-time renderes, but scripted or pre-animated not actually game code running based on physics or AI simulations. This is especially important when looking at Dante's coat. Is it a physical cloth dynamic simulation or is it just animated and not actually using up very much processing power. All we can do is wait and see.

I'll put one vote in for me actually caring too, just to stick up for you against the staff ;-).
Thu 22/09/05 at 15:35
Regular
"lets go back"
[URL]http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=7668&type=mov[/URL]

that should work.
Thu 22/09/05 at 14:40
Regular
"Woke up this mornin"
Like anyone cares other than you... ;)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.