GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 13/01/03 at 12:47
Regular
Now here is a film that you have to watch at least twice and even still don't fully understand. I've had conversations about this film which has left my head throbbing due to its rather complex nature (the film).

For those of you that haven't seen or heard of the film it is about a teenager called, suprise suprise, Donnie Darko who has "problems". He seems to regularly go sleepwalking and he actually wakes up at the start of the film up the side of a hill! One night, while Donnie is sleeping, he is called out to by Frank......an imaginary 6 foot Bunny Rabbit! Frank tells Donnie the world is going to end in 28 days and so many hours, minutes and seconds. When Donnie returns home in the morning he finds out that Frank has saved him as a jet engine had fallen from the sky and into Donnie's room! The freaky thing is that the FAA don't know where the plane that this engine has fallen from is as no planes have registered a missing engine!

The movie then kicks off with more and more weirdness with Donnie carrying out these tasks which Frank the bunny rabbit is giving him. Throughout the film you are left wondering who is Frank, why is Donnie being given all these deeds and what happens in 28days??

The cast has a couple of recognisable faces...Drew Barrymore and John Carter from ER (I think his real name is Noah Wyle or something) both are Donnie's teachers and also starring is Patrick Swayze playing a guru for self help.
A guy called Jake Gyllenhaal who is great as the mentally unstable Donnie.

If you are looking for a dark, edgy, psychological thriller this is it (rent it or buy it so you can watch it a few times)
Mon 13/01/03 at 12:47
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Now here is a film that you have to watch at least twice and even still don't fully understand. I've had conversations about this film which has left my head throbbing due to its rather complex nature (the film).

For those of you that haven't seen or heard of the film it is about a teenager called, suprise suprise, Donnie Darko who has "problems". He seems to regularly go sleepwalking and he actually wakes up at the start of the film up the side of a hill! One night, while Donnie is sleeping, he is called out to by Frank......an imaginary 6 foot Bunny Rabbit! Frank tells Donnie the world is going to end in 28 days and so many hours, minutes and seconds. When Donnie returns home in the morning he finds out that Frank has saved him as a jet engine had fallen from the sky and into Donnie's room! The freaky thing is that the FAA don't know where the plane that this engine has fallen from is as no planes have registered a missing engine!

The movie then kicks off with more and more weirdness with Donnie carrying out these tasks which Frank the bunny rabbit is giving him. Throughout the film you are left wondering who is Frank, why is Donnie being given all these deeds and what happens in 28days??

The cast has a couple of recognisable faces...Drew Barrymore and John Carter from ER (I think his real name is Noah Wyle or something) both are Donnie's teachers and also starring is Patrick Swayze playing a guru for self help.
A guy called Jake Gyllenhaal who is great as the mentally unstable Donnie.

If you are looking for a dark, edgy, psychological thriller this is it (rent it or buy it so you can watch it a few times)
Mon 13/01/03 at 12:56
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
As soon as I see the words 'Donnie' and 'Darko', I must write about it. My favourite film of recent memory, I urge everyone to go and see it. And even if you don't like it, you can copy Goatboy and say it's like an episode of Quantum Leap but for poofs.
Mon 13/01/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Same 'ole Tagline"
Snuggly, what is your interpretation of the film?
Mon 13/01/03 at 13:12
Regular
"cachoo"
Sounds good. I've heard of it before, but never watched it... will be now though. :)
Mon 13/01/03 at 13:22
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
mcg_highlander wrote:
> Snuggly, what is your interpretation of the film?

It takes too long to explain, and I'm off my lunch break. Maybe later.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.