GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WoW Map viewer"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'World of Warcraft'.
Fri 23/09/05 at 16:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Anyone who plays WoW should download this [URL]http://wowmapview.sourceforge.net/[/URL]

It’s a 3D map viewer that allows you to travel through each area throughout Azeroth, including the cities, battlegrounds and dungeons. A great tool to use to map out instance zones you’re unfamiliar with or get used to the layouts of battlegrounds.

The most interesting aspect of this piece of software however is that it also includes areas that have yet to be added to the game, basically places you’re not supposed to see.

Emerald Dream, Ahn Qiraj and School of Necromancy are three such zones, you can explore a couple of others besides including Azshara Crater, which looks to be another battleground, similar in layout to Alterac Valley. Maybe a taster of what’s to come in the expansion?

Oh, and if you’ve ever wondered what’s through the giant purple force field in Dalaran………….

There’s naff all, it’s completely empty.
Mon 26/09/05 at 14:07
Regular
"A man with a stick"
cookie monster wrote:
> cipro wrote:
> I think I heard they're going to drop a portal in it, it'll aprantly
> take you to Outland, the Orc homeworld.
>
> The Outland portal is "The Dark Portal" in the blasted
> lands.

I knew it was somkewhere in the game, just that a few over excited people on a couple of forums seemed to think it was in Dalaran.
Mon 26/09/05 at 11:56
Regular
Very geek-interesting, this.

Took a look around Old Ironforge, Caverns of Time and even the unreleased PVP map - Azshara Crater :)
Mon 26/09/05 at 11:51
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
cipro wrote:
> I think I heard they're going to drop a portal in it, it'll aprantly
> take you to Outland, the Orc homeworld.

The Outland portal is "The Dark Portal" in the blasted lands.
Fri 23/09/05 at 18:41
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I managed to land it right on Ironforge, I rule.
Fri 23/09/05 at 17:06
Regular
"gsybe you!"
If you look at the map in the manual, there are plenty of zones that aren't even in the game - and the islands in the Great Sea.

There are so many possible avenues for them to go down.

GEEK MODE

Wasn't the Orc land destroyed?
Fri 23/09/05 at 16:59
Regular
"A man with a stick"
I think I heard they're going to drop a portal in it, it'll aprantly take you to Outland, the Orc homeworld.

Also, I had a quick zip round the Caverns of Time, clearly unfinished, but very interesting, I also stumbled onto another as of yet unseen instance zone called Plaguewoods, wierd.
Fri 23/09/05 at 16:51
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Cool.

I was hoping they'd fill Dalaran at some point, make it a decent sized Alliance town or something.
Fri 23/09/05 at 16:25
Regular
"\\"
Awesome.

I've only actually ever seen about 20% of the entire world in my months of playing.

It's silly.
Fri 23/09/05 at 16:16
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Anyone who plays WoW should download this [URL]http://wowmapview.sourceforge.net/[/URL]

It’s a 3D map viewer that allows you to travel through each area throughout Azeroth, including the cities, battlegrounds and dungeons. A great tool to use to map out instance zones you’re unfamiliar with or get used to the layouts of battlegrounds.

The most interesting aspect of this piece of software however is that it also includes areas that have yet to be added to the game, basically places you’re not supposed to see.

Emerald Dream, Ahn Qiraj and School of Necromancy are three such zones, you can explore a couple of others besides including Azshara Crater, which looks to be another battleground, similar in layout to Alterac Valley. Maybe a taster of what’s to come in the expansion?

Oh, and if you’ve ever wondered what’s through the giant purple force field in Dalaran………….

There’s naff all, it’s completely empty.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.