GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"A Machie True Story - Soaked but still smiling"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 02/10/06 at 13:00
Regular
The rain was terrible yesterday, the kind of rain where we get months worth in one day. All day and night, never stopping.

I had to go out for my daily walk and my mum had asked me to pick up the newspaper, some bread and milk. I took my umbrella (the one I bought when my girlfriend and I were caught without one in town a few months ago) and headed out. It was raining quite a bit and there was a little wind but it gradually got better.

I had just come out of Tescos with the shopping and started to walk down to the river. Obviously because of the rain there weren't many people around, just a week ago I remember seeing lots enjoying their drinks in the pub gardens. Now all I could see were giant puddles forming on the picnic tables.

Along my walk by the river I saw many fishermen, they seemed quite happy under their huge umbrellas. I could understand, there's something enjoyable about being out in the rain with an umbrella. The sound the rain makes when it lands above your head, it's quite calming.

On my way back home I went through the high street. Only minutes before it had started to rain quite heavy again, so I shot my umbrella up and walked along with a smile on my face. I wasn't going to let a single drop of water touch my brand new clothes that I had recently bought for my trip to Singapore next week.

Then as I got closer I noticed a mother and her young son and daughter, perhaps 6 or 7 years old. They were wearing coats and were stuck without an umbrella. It was raining so hard that there's no doubt they would have been soaked to the bone if they had attempted to walk in this rain. So their only option was to stand there and wait for it to stop, which it didn't for several hours later.

You've probably already guessed what I did and you're right, I doubled back and quietly said "Excuse me, if you like you're welcome to take my umbrella". She was quite suprised and tried to be polite but I insisted and so I handed the young girl my umbrella and after many thanks and bless yous I was off home.

The journey back wasn't as enjoyable as it had started, but I had a smile on my face and felt quite pleased that I had come to their rescue, so being completely drenched from head to toe didn't bother me at all. :)
Mon 02/10/06 at 13:00
Regular
The rain was terrible yesterday, the kind of rain where we get months worth in one day. All day and night, never stopping.

I had to go out for my daily walk and my mum had asked me to pick up the newspaper, some bread and milk. I took my umbrella (the one I bought when my girlfriend and I were caught without one in town a few months ago) and headed out. It was raining quite a bit and there was a little wind but it gradually got better.

I had just come out of Tescos with the shopping and started to walk down to the river. Obviously because of the rain there weren't many people around, just a week ago I remember seeing lots enjoying their drinks in the pub gardens. Now all I could see were giant puddles forming on the picnic tables.

Along my walk by the river I saw many fishermen, they seemed quite happy under their huge umbrellas. I could understand, there's something enjoyable about being out in the rain with an umbrella. The sound the rain makes when it lands above your head, it's quite calming.

On my way back home I went through the high street. Only minutes before it had started to rain quite heavy again, so I shot my umbrella up and walked along with a smile on my face. I wasn't going to let a single drop of water touch my brand new clothes that I had recently bought for my trip to Singapore next week.

Then as I got closer I noticed a mother and her young son and daughter, perhaps 6 or 7 years old. They were wearing coats and were stuck without an umbrella. It was raining so hard that there's no doubt they would have been soaked to the bone if they had attempted to walk in this rain. So their only option was to stand there and wait for it to stop, which it didn't for several hours later.

You've probably already guessed what I did and you're right, I doubled back and quietly said "Excuse me, if you like you're welcome to take my umbrella". She was quite suprised and tried to be polite but I insisted and so I handed the young girl my umbrella and after many thanks and bless yous I was off home.

The journey back wasn't as enjoyable as it had started, but I had a smile on my face and felt quite pleased that I had come to their rescue, so being completely drenched from head to toe didn't bother me at all. :)
Mon 02/10/06 at 16:39
Regular
Arent you a gentlemen, :) yeah that rain was quite bad yesterday, the thunder and lightening was pretty spectacular, something went bang round here!
Mon 02/10/06 at 19:40
Regular
"WhaleOilBeefHooked"
Reminds me of something that happened to me a couple of years ago.

I was having an absolute shocker of a day, I was feeling really bad. It was tipping it down, I had no umbrella or coat and I had to get the bus, which naturally was late. So I was waiting there at the bus stop trying to shelter under a tree but still getting soaked and a large puddle was forming in front of me, but luckily the cars were kind enough to go round it. Then a huge lorry went storming through and a wave of puddle water literally covered me, twigs and leaves ended up in my hair and stuff. But I couldn't help but laugh and when I got the bus finally even the driver laughed. Good time had by all. :-P
Mon 02/10/06 at 19:47
Regular
I love you Machie.

You know they probably got struck by lightning on the way home.
I hope you feel proud.
Mon 02/10/06 at 21:56
"possibly impossible"
You haven't been watching Totoro again, have you Machie? :D

Very good of you...
Mon 02/10/06 at 22:08
Regular
I had a feeling you would mention Totoro pb :D and yes there were moments that I was reminded of the bus stop scene hehe.

Mumbai Duck wrote:
> I love you Machie.
>
>
> You know they probably got struck by lightning on the way home.
> I hope you feel proud.

Heh oh dear that would be terrible. :S And we did get some strong lightning as well. Sounded like a huge crash right outside my window. I hope they got home alright.
Mon 02/10/06 at 22:12
"possibly impossible"
So many people lose that sense of community spirit though, don't ever lose it.

It just takes one person to brighten up someone else's day...
Mon 02/10/06 at 22:23
Regular
Yes, I've had a few moments when a total stranger would just smile at me and say hello or something. I just can't help but smile back which puts me in a good mood all day. *grin*
Mon 02/10/06 at 23:05
Regular
Aww!! You're a HEERO Machie!!! *smooches* mm..

:P
Tue 03/10/06 at 13:20
Regular
"..."
More women in tight white tops should go out in the rain without umbrellas. That is all.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.