GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Timesplitters only has 3 Multiplayer maps???????????"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/01/01 at 16:52
Regular
I know there is map maker and the sample maps. But there is only 3 multiplayer maps???
Chinese, Tomb and the other one.

I've reviews in many different mags and I've seen screenshots of multiplayer on maps that i aint seen yet.

and example is OPSM2 #1 their TS review shows maps that aren't featured in the game.
hmmm

I am i missing something here?????
Fri 05/01/01 at 08:27
Yup read the messege after i said i forgots what i was on abouts.... i meant mantion.... 1st level in part 3 anyone else having trouble on this one on hard.... this is the only level i find really anoying...
Wed 03/01/01 at 23:31
Regular
§hÅø£îÑ M¤Ñk© wrote:

> Ive completed all story modes apart from tomb on hard.... 1st
> level cant do but the rest i can(go figure) and all the challenges
> apart from the barrels..... and the last one....

Don`t you have to complete the first three levels to unlock the next three? For example if you complete it on easy, and then attempt the levels on normal, only the first three are available, so if you can`t even complete the tomb level, then the later six are unavailable.

Note I`m probably only saying this because I can`t complete the game on hard, and I`m probably jealous or something, but I think what I said is true.
Tue 02/01/01 at 15:16
It wouldn't be hard then, would it? ;)
Tue 02/01/01 at 08:44
I think i was slightly out of it then.... it's the other way round..... normal//hard thingy... bleh.. dont worry... i think the most anoying level is mansion on hard.. near then end when aload of zombies teleport behind u with shotguns....
Tue 02/01/01 at 03:58
Yup what grix says.... you have to open them....

Ive completed all story modes apart from tomb on hard.... 1st level cant do but the rest i can(go figure) and all the challenges apart from the barrels..... and the last one....

my favorite character has to be the impersonater.... or robofish to fight against... looks like a little dwarf.... i think bricks are to funny..... they stand about 20 foot away firing bricks that only go ten foot in length.... favorite weapon> i dunno...

It's an addictive game....you wont stop till you have done it all and got all the awards....
Mon 01/01/01 at 18:16
Regular
Knew i heard of that map maker.
Mon 01/01/01 at 17:55
Ah, you've got the 'wrong end of the stick' as they say! No worries, the great thing about Timesplitters is you have to earn your Multiplayer bots, skins, levels and modes by completing the 'Story' mode equivelent.

In other words, if you complete the SpaceWays level, you get that level on multiplayer. Also, you earn better packages by choosing a harder mode of play which is great because it fuels your need to play on and expand your game skill. So you see, this game is great because the content 'works' with each other.

Another excellent (yet frightening) note is that some zombies you just can't kill, no matter how hard you pump them full of bullets. No. Now this is the part I like; you have to aim for their head and blow it off so it lands 10 meters behind them. Ain't it cool? It's scary at first, but you'll love it because you get so good at it!

Let me see... what have I missed... oh yes: The Map Maker. This is not as hard as it looks, in fact it is suprisingly easy. What you have to do is:

>Make it. (Just learn how to make a floor, and you're on your way!)
>Save it.
>Then load it under 'Mapmaker'.
>Choose the level skin.

Now this is good, you can change the skin of your map to whatever you want it to be! For instance, say I made a courtyard. You can choose wether you want a nice SpaceWays lounge with lots of nice leather-seats, or if you change your mind, you can transform it into a rotting tomb with the push of a button!

Watch this space, there will be more information about this great game tomorrow. (If I don't get a free game ;))
Thankyou for reading
- Saesee.
Mon 01/01/01 at 17:44
Regular
Perhaps you unlock them.
Mon 01/01/01 at 16:56
Regular
ISn't there a level editor thing?
Mon 01/01/01 at 16:52
Regular
I know there is map maker and the sample maps. But there is only 3 multiplayer maps???
Chinese, Tomb and the other one.

I've reviews in many different mags and I've seen screenshots of multiplayer on maps that i aint seen yet.

and example is OPSM2 #1 their TS review shows maps that aren't featured in the game.
hmmm

I am i missing something here?????

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.