GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Battle Royale News (Sequel, Translated version etc.)"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 11/01/03 at 06:22
Regular
At this point I'd like to offer my heartfelt sympathies for director Kinji Fukasaku and his family. At the press conference for BRII, Fukasaku announced that he is suffering from prostate cancer once more, which has now spread to his bones and spinal column.

:(

On another note, an English translated version of the original novel will finally hit shelves by April '03

Production on BRII started on the sequel on 16th December. Toei are aiming for a July/ August '03 release. No plot details are know at this moment but it is known that Tatsuya Fujiwara (Shuya) and Aki Maeda (Noriko) will be returning.

Can't wait to find out more! Although, I think a sequel will be pap. Can't be as bad as the re-make the yanks are doing though...
Mon 13/01/03 at 10:53
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
He's dead.
Passed away at the weekend.

Can't say I ever heard of him before Battle Royale to be honest, but that movie is one of the best of the last 10 years.
Hope the sequel is a fitting tribute
Sun 12/01/03 at 18:31
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Well said Tilta. Gotta be one of the best films ever made. Ever.
Sat 11/01/03 at 13:40
Regular
Miserableman wrote:
> This is one sort of film I truly despise.

You despise well written, well acted, thought provoking films that push boundary's where other film are afraid to go?

You strange little man.
Sat 11/01/03 at 10:52
Regular
"bing bang bong"
This is one sort of film I truly despise.
Sat 11/01/03 at 06:35
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Mmmm. Sounds possibly promising. Has the potential to be quite good. Let's hope it can deliver.
Sat 11/01/03 at 06:31
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
Battle Royale 2

Director: Kinji Fukasaku and Kenta Fukasaku
Written: Koshun Takami, Kenta Fukasaku
Script: Kenta Fukasaku

Starring:
Tatsuya Fujiwara
Aki Maeda
Susumu Terajima
Rena Tanaka
Ai Iwamura
Maya Kurosu
Makoto Sawada

Release Date: Summer 2003 (Japan)

The much awaited sequel to the most controversial film of 2000.

Battle Royale Second stars young actors Aki Maeda and famous teen sitcom actor Tatsuya Fujiwara.

Set one year after BR1, the two surviving students from the previous year's bloodbath, Shuya Nanahara (Fujiwara) and Noriko Nakagawa (Aki Maeda) return home, their lives permanently scarred by the terrifying experiences of BR1. Around them, the Battle Royale act continues and another class is kidnapped and placed in a Battle Royale. After the previous incidents, the public becomes aware of what the Japanese government is doing to their children and riots break out, some people violently attacking Japanese politicians in the street. Democracy no longer exists in this Japan where the country is dictated by the Japanese military who came away from World War II victorious alongside Germany. The rioters are violently dealt with and their children are thrown in to Battle Royale along with the randomly selected tenth grade class of boys and girls.

The Battle Royale Second Movie is based on the Koshun Takami novel which follows on from the first novel, however unlike the novel features the two main characters returning to Battle Royale. Nanahara and Nakagawa attempt to gain the support of the opposing public however they are captured by the military and throw into an already running Battle Royale as transfer students. They find a new group of students unlike their old friends. They are far more violent and kill one another without any sign of regret. Nanahara and Nakagawa are forced to fight for their own lives but their judgement is constantly hindered by memories of their old friends.

Compared to Battle Royale, the sequel will have more violence but the story will give more hope to the audience," said Kenta Fukasaku, the son of the director, producer and the scriptwriter of Battle Royale and its sequel at the press conference in Tokyo on September 25.

Battle Royale 2 will not follow the story based on the original novel, but will be a "war movie" reflecting the director's personal experiences during World War II.

Politicians in Japan attempted to have Battle Royale 1 banned, however all that resulted was an R-15 rating and thousands more box office sales for the film.

Apparently, here is the script for the film, if you want to know...

http://tjfweb.com/br2/navi.php?iku=spoilers
Sat 11/01/03 at 06:22
Regular
"The flux capacitor!"
At this point I'd like to offer my heartfelt sympathies for director Kinji Fukasaku and his family. At the press conference for BRII, Fukasaku announced that he is suffering from prostate cancer once more, which has now spread to his bones and spinal column.

:(

On another note, an English translated version of the original novel will finally hit shelves by April '03

Production on BRII started on the sequel on 16th December. Toei are aiming for a July/ August '03 release. No plot details are know at this moment but it is known that Tatsuya Fujiwara (Shuya) and Aki Maeda (Noriko) will be returning.

Can't wait to find out more! Although, I think a sequel will be pap. Can't be as bad as the re-make the yanks are doing though...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.