GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Anyone played ICO?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/01/03 at 11:46
Regular
Is it any good?

Easy question
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:34
Regular
Makes me want to stick things into my eye.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:15
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Mattyboy wrote:
> Anyone know if they will release a sequel??
>
> ICO 2 is alreaady in the works, according to a small article in OPS2 a
> few months ago.

I thought it was reported not to be a sequel shortly afterwards? Or was it then reported after that as definitely being a sequel? Frankly I'm hazy on the whole issue. I remember one website apologising for saying it was a sequel anyway.
Fri 10/01/03 at 21:13
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> *note wookie finds killing ghost's and aimlessly walking around with a
> woman attached to you 24/7 as relaxing.

Aimlessly? Hello! Freedom beckons!

I was going to buy this game a while ago but there were too many other good games out at the time (not monetary problems, just no time to play them all at once, plus changing discs often is annoying and....just generally bad practice).

Anyway I've played the demo and it seems fairly good - it makes you think. You have to remember that there's two people all the time - some of the things Ico can do Yorda can't. For example you can jump over a gap but Yorda can't, you end up having to figure out a long way round which isn't obvious, then drop a drawbridge from the other side. You can't just run off ahead either because she may be in danger.

In fact, thanks for reminding me about this game, I'll probably get it now. Although SR don't sell it anymore.

And I can see how the replay value would be low - although OPS2 said that extra things open up like being able to tell what Yorda says and being able to control her using controller 2.
Thu 09/01/03 at 21:00
"period drama"
Well, if you've seen the ending, there's definatly the premise for a new adventure there (I won't spoil it).
maybe a new evil from somewhere else? And Yorda could be a little more competant this time.

Whatever, I don't really care - I'll buy whatever they give (as long as it's good) becasue I think it's a fantasic game. Like a little child, it needed more attention.
Thu 09/01/03 at 20:12
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I hope not, they can only spoil it. Unless it's an unrelated game set in the same universe.
Thu 09/01/03 at 20:04
"High polygon count"
Mattyboy wrote:
> Anyone know if they will release a sequel??

ICO 2 is alreaady in the works, according to a small article in OPS2 a few months ago.
Thu 09/01/03 at 19:04
"period drama"
Definatly worth a look - one of my faves, although maybe a little short. Still a worthwhile experience.

I think you'll have a job finding it now, even SR has stopped selling it - not enough people bought it to keep it on the shelves. But that means you should get it extra-cheap.

Annnddd its got a lightsabre in it - not a lot of people know that.
Thu 09/01/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Whatever!"
ICO is one of my favourite PS2 games, fantastic!

Anyone know if they will release a sequel??
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:16
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
Ikaruga is a Dreamcast game that was only released in Japan a few months ago, although it is coming to Gamecube worldwide I think. It's a vertical scrolling shooter, but it goes way beyond that in terms of gameplay and graphics.
Thu 09/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Excommunicated"
My friend said it sucked

I have no idea though

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.