GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Milner to replace New west Ham player ?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 09/01/03 at 08:40
Regular
Do you think Milner is better than that new west ham player? can he get a regular first team place? £250,000 Poud is a bit cheap for a THUG.
Fri 10/01/03 at 17:53
"Super Diamonds"
AfroJoe wrote:
> dopeyjim wrote:
> Alan Smith is NO thug
>
> ---
>
> LOL!
>
> Funniest thing I've heard all day.*
>
> How many times has he been sent off in his Leeds and England career?
> 12 or something like, and he's only been playing professional football
> for a few years.
>
> He's the dirtiest player in the Premiership, always elbowing people
> when he can, stamping, two-footed challenges. Any tackle that can
> injure a player, and he'll have done it.**
>
> Thug. End of story.

*=Thanks
**=Bowyer is a Thug, thugs go to court. Smudger didn't OK??
Fri 10/01/03 at 10:50
Regular
Alan Smith may have more than his fair share of cards but many teams have players of a similar nature. Roy Keane at Manchester United, Shearer and Bellamy at Newcastle and even young Wayne Rooney has picked up 5 yellows and a red in his short career. Its often forgotten that even players like Beckham are regularly booked.

As for Bowyer and Woodgate there is a difference. Their alleged assault on an Asian student was extremely wrong (although for legal reasons I need to say they were not convicted of GBH).

The difference between the two players is that Woodgate has shown remorse, admits what he did was wrong and plays fairly on the pitch. Bowyer however still hasn’t shown this and continues to foul on the pitch. Leeds are far better off without him.

As for the question about Milners abilities, I think at the moment Bowyer is more skilled than him. However Bowyer didn’t want to play for Leeds, hasn’t shown commitment this season. Milner has potential. Leeds have one of the best youth training schemes in the country and if he carries on putting in 110% then he will be a Leeds and England legend.
Thu 09/01/03 at 20:46
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
dopeyjim wrote:
> Alan Smith is NO thug

---

LOL!

Funniest thing I've heard all day.

How many times has he been sent off in his Leeds and England career? 12 or something like, and he's only been playing professional football for a few years.

He's the dirtiest player in the Premiership, always elbowing people when he can, stamping, two-footed challenges. Any tackle that can injure a player, and he'll have done it.

Thug. End of story.
Thu 09/01/03 at 19:32
"Super Diamonds"
AfroJoe wrote:
> You could sell the whole first team then, if you're wanting all the
> thugs out.
>
> Alan Smith, Jonathan Woodgate, the lot of them.

Alan Smith is NO thug, Woodgate.....maybe. But no one else is
Thu 09/01/03 at 19:17
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Bowyer is a quality player. I am dissapointed that Villa did not go after him.
Thu 09/01/03 at 12:51
Regular
Bowyer could do Milner over with one stamp.

No player can come close to filling the thug hole Bowyer filled. Was great to see Beckham give em that elbow in the face in the 4-3 at elland road last season.
Thu 09/01/03 at 10:07
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
You could sell the whole first team then, if you're wanting all the thugs out.

Alan Smith, Jonathan Woodgate, the lot of them.
Thu 09/01/03 at 09:55
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think he was sold very cheaply and leeds lost out on a major opportunity to make some money, however Bowyer has probably cost Leeds more than he knows in terms of his on and off the field antics - good riddance I reckon. Milner is a good player if he keeps his head straight he can become a good player, but thats the key to it. Bowyer was excellent potential at Charlton but became chose to become a thug at Leeds, there is no doubt in my mind that Bowyer 'could' have been a great player for England but he is let down by stupidity.
Thu 09/01/03 at 08:40
"Super Diamonds"
Do you think Milner is better than that new west ham player? can he get a regular first team place? £250,000 Poud is a bit cheap for a THUG.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.