GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Greatest Console Ever:"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/12/00 at 16:52
Regular
You tell me?
I personally think it is the SNES.
Mon 01/01/01 at 21:10
The Best Console Ever? Why it has to be the megasweetcornmulti machine that will appear in 2006 and run entirely on Sweetcorn. The games bundled with the console will be Farmer Giles, where you play a farmer who has to pick corn while avoiding the jolly green giants who roam the land and Bust-a-corn, where you have to shoot coloured sweetcorn pieces at other coloured sweetcorn pieces (there is actually no point to this, it's just fun)

If you think that this is stupid, re-read the posts below!
Mon 01/01/01 at 20:47
Regular
What did the playstation bring? Final Fantasy? Nah it was all done before except in 2d.
Mon 01/01/01 at 20:25
Regular
"everyone says it"
playstation is rubbish!

(how many people is this going to annoy?)
Sun 31/12/00 at 18:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
PLAYSTATION!!!

I have to add something with non-capitals so ignore this.
Sun 31/12/00 at 17:22
Regular
"everyone says it"
seeeeecccccrrrrreeeeeetttttt ooooooffffff mmmmmaaaaannnnnaaaaaa

yyyeeaaahhhh
Sun 31/12/00 at 17:09
Regular
"not dead"
Non-Zero Possibility wrote:

> Not to mention the pleathrough of superb RPG's the console had too
> - Secret Of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Zelda - all great titles!

Finally! Someone else that appreciates the brilliance of Chrono Trigger!
Sun 31/12/00 at 17:07
Phantasy Star Online looks good I must admit, and I do have a Dreamcast with some superb games, but I think out of the 4 'next gen' machines the best will be the XBox if Microsoft learn their mistakes before they release the machine. Everyone thinks it will be full of bugs? Well it will be the only games console/PC hybrid that will allow PC owners into the world of gaming. I think.
Sun 31/12/00 at 17:07
Regular
"Profit of Doom"
The SNES was a great console, it broke down a lot of barriers for itself with titles such as; Donkey Kong Country, Killer Instinct, Starfox, Stunt Race FX. I was in awe when I saw these games running in PC World many moons ago.

Not to mention the pleathrough of superb RPG's the console had too - Secret Of Mana, Chrono Trigger, Zelda - all great titles!
Sun 31/12/00 at 17:03
Regular
"everyone says it"
YES ACORN WAS wicked.

but snes had MarioKart!!

yummmm.
I also think Dreamcast is wicked but not the best ever as it wont survive another year
Sun 31/12/00 at 17:00
Regular
"not dead"
The SNES was great though.

The Sega Master System, as it was my first console after my Acorn Electron days.

It was games such as Wonderboy, Alex Kidd, and Phantasy Star that really got me into console gaming.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.