GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Has any one seen National Lampoons Christmas Vacation?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
I know were now past Christmas but I can't believe how many people have not seen this film. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is a must see film. Although it can't be bought on R2 DVD it's still available on Video and well worth every penny.

The lead character is the same as all the early National Lampoon films - Clark Griswald, played by the unbelievably funny Chevy Chase. The story revolves around Clark inviting all his relatives over for Christmas and the hilarious nightmare events that just seem to keep coming and coming. Clark decides that one of the best ways to make everyone feel christmassy is to decorate the outside of his house with 20,000 lights, which simultaneously drains the rest of the towns electricity.

The great thing about this film is that it's so funny in a Dumb & Dumber kind of way that once you've seen it you'll be quoting lines from it for weeks, regardless of whether its Christmas or not. A few of my favourites have to be:

Clark to Eddie "I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet"

Eddie to Clark "I'm gonna have to take a raincheck Clark, see they took the metal plate out of my head because whenever the microwave was on I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for a week, so the replaced it with a plastic one, which is easier to dent, meaning any damage to this side of my head and my hair just wouldn't look right"

Eddie to Clarks Dad "Yeah this is Ruby-Sue....she falls down a well her eyes go crossed, gets kicked by a mule, they go back. I dunno"

A large amount of the jokes in this film are visual, such as when the Turkey gets cut open and it's been cooked for so long all the meat inside has disintegrated, or when Snot (Eddies dog...and theres a reason he's called Snot) is choking on a bone..."He's go it up...he'll be all right now" which means that it's funny continuously as there's always something happening.

As yet though I seem to be one of the only people to see this film, which is shocking considering how funny it is...anyone for an entry to the jelly of the month club?
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
I know were now past Christmas but I can't believe how many people have not seen this film. National Lampoons Christmas Vacation is a must see film. Although it can't be bought on R2 DVD it's still available on Video and well worth every penny.

The lead character is the same as all the early National Lampoon films - Clark Griswald, played by the unbelievably funny Chevy Chase. The story revolves around Clark inviting all his relatives over for Christmas and the hilarious nightmare events that just seem to keep coming and coming. Clark decides that one of the best ways to make everyone feel christmassy is to decorate the outside of his house with 20,000 lights, which simultaneously drains the rest of the towns electricity.

The great thing about this film is that it's so funny in a Dumb & Dumber kind of way that once you've seen it you'll be quoting lines from it for weeks, regardless of whether its Christmas or not. A few of my favourites have to be:

Clark to Eddie "I wouldn't be more surprised if I woke up with my head sewn to the carpet"

Eddie to Clark "I'm gonna have to take a raincheck Clark, see they took the metal plate out of my head because whenever the microwave was on I'd pee my pants and forget who I was for a week, so the replaced it with a plastic one, which is easier to dent, meaning any damage to this side of my head and my hair just wouldn't look right"

Eddie to Clarks Dad "Yeah this is Ruby-Sue....she falls down a well her eyes go crossed, gets kicked by a mule, they go back. I dunno"

A large amount of the jokes in this film are visual, such as when the Turkey gets cut open and it's been cooked for so long all the meat inside has disintegrated, or when Snot (Eddies dog...and theres a reason he's called Snot) is choking on a bone..."He's go it up...he'll be all right now" which means that it's funny continuously as there's always something happening.

As yet though I seem to be one of the only people to see this film, which is shocking considering how funny it is...anyone for an entry to the jelly of the month club?
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:22
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Why buy it when it's showed on TV about twenty times a year?
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:28
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
What channel(s) it shown on?
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:34
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Every single one at least once a year. Usually ITV show it or Channel 5. I can't believe that you haven't noticed it's been on so much. I must have seen it about 7 times in the last two years...
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:41
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
- Still, it's still a cracking film, don't you think?
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:51
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I can't deny the fact it's funnier than a fart in a spacesuit1
Wed 08/01/03 at 11:52
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I'm a big fan of 80's movies, especially the screwball comedies, so I like the Christmas Vacation, plus 'Vacation' and 'European Vacation', they're funny and pretty underrated. Chevy Chase is a comedy genius; Caddyshack, Spies Like Us, Fletch and er...a few others.
Wed 08/01/03 at 12:43
Regular
"A man with a stick"
Great film, but it wasn't on this year. A pitty really since films this christmas have been quite crap.
Wed 08/01/03 at 14:55
Regular
National Lampoons films are all superb....except for the more recent cashin films.

Henry Winkler a.k.a 'The Fonz' in 'Dads Week off' anyone?

Watching it is enough to give you the dry heaves.
Wed 08/01/03 at 15:36
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Haven't seen it but from the quotes it sounds pretty damn funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.