GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Coffee Shop Goldmine!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 08/01/03 at 09:46
Regular
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I'm probably sadder than a Spanish fisherman for bringing it up (well there is the Cod crisis!)...but just how many bedrooms are there in the Slater household in Eastenders? Albert Square is to Upper Class, what Steak and Kidney Pie is to Fish and Chips...i.e Not in the equation. Yet it seems like the houses there are massive. The Slaters house inparticular would appear to have 6 bedrooms:

1 - Charlie
2 - Mo (the gorilla one)
3 - Lynn and Gary
4 - Zoe
5 - Kat
6 - Zoes blonde mate (who must have taken Little Mo's room)

Since when would a local council give out a six bedroom house to a family where only 1 person (Zoe) could really be considered a child when they were given it? Therefore they must have purchased the property. Now it seems that Walford is on the outskirts of London, therefore the price of a six bedroom property would be in the region of about £500,000+ ...the average mortgage lender would lend you 3.5 times your annual income, which means that to be able to afford the property the slaters would need a combined income of £142,857. Now Mo couldn't declare her dodgy dealings to the mortgage lender as these are not legal and it depends on supply and demand. Therefore the only jobs currently bringing money into the household are:

1 - Gary - Mechanic
2 - Kat - Barmaid (Part-Time)
3 - Lynn - Coffee Shop Waitress
4 - Mo+Zoe - Running a clothes stall (where do the clothes come from?...thats another matter)
5 - Whatever Taxi driving Charlie does...if any!

So if we take that theres 5 jobs, on average they need to be earning £28,571 each....If we then take into account the money needed for other items such as the new clothes they seem to have every week, TV licence, Food, Council Tax, Water Bill, Gas, Electricity, Beer Money (my god there needs to be alot of that), Petrol, Charlies Taxi Licence Fee - then they all need to be earning about £35-40K Per Annum

All I can say is I'm off to work in a coffee shop!
Wed 08/01/03 at 09:46
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Not sure if this has been mentioned, and I'm probably sadder than a Spanish fisherman for bringing it up (well there is the Cod crisis!)...but just how many bedrooms are there in the Slater household in Eastenders? Albert Square is to Upper Class, what Steak and Kidney Pie is to Fish and Chips...i.e Not in the equation. Yet it seems like the houses there are massive. The Slaters house inparticular would appear to have 6 bedrooms:

1 - Charlie
2 - Mo (the gorilla one)
3 - Lynn and Gary
4 - Zoe
5 - Kat
6 - Zoes blonde mate (who must have taken Little Mo's room)

Since when would a local council give out a six bedroom house to a family where only 1 person (Zoe) could really be considered a child when they were given it? Therefore they must have purchased the property. Now it seems that Walford is on the outskirts of London, therefore the price of a six bedroom property would be in the region of about £500,000+ ...the average mortgage lender would lend you 3.5 times your annual income, which means that to be able to afford the property the slaters would need a combined income of £142,857. Now Mo couldn't declare her dodgy dealings to the mortgage lender as these are not legal and it depends on supply and demand. Therefore the only jobs currently bringing money into the household are:

1 - Gary - Mechanic
2 - Kat - Barmaid (Part-Time)
3 - Lynn - Coffee Shop Waitress
4 - Mo+Zoe - Running a clothes stall (where do the clothes come from?...thats another matter)
5 - Whatever Taxi driving Charlie does...if any!

So if we take that theres 5 jobs, on average they need to be earning £28,571 each....If we then take into account the money needed for other items such as the new clothes they seem to have every week, TV licence, Food, Council Tax, Water Bill, Gas, Electricity, Beer Money (my god there needs to be alot of that), Petrol, Charlies Taxi Licence Fee - then they all need to be earning about £35-40K Per Annum

All I can say is I'm off to work in a coffee shop!
Wed 08/01/03 at 12:08
"Uzi Lover"
HA

Nice one.

I am always complaining about how the Doctor never seems to be doing his job. Instead he's getting into bed with Mothers and their Daughters.

My Doctor works everyday, even Sunday she is on call to houses etc.

Stupid soap.
Wed 08/01/03 at 12:49
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
Fair point, also how comes Sonja and Jamie couldn't afford to get a ring back for £250 yet they seemed to be able to afford to drink in the Vic whenever they wanted, and they both had mobile phones, and Sonja had a laptop....connected to the internet...not as poor as they first look!
Wed 08/01/03 at 14:49
"Darth Vader 3442321"
These Slaters make me sick: no wonder the country is in a rut.
Tue 14/01/03 at 08:36
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
They Slaters and the Labour Party....they should both be dropped on Iraq for their crimes, thats punishment enough i think!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.