GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Pro Evo 5 - Premier league License?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Pro Evo 5'.
Wed 28/09/05 at 11:46
Regular
"Shamon!"
This may be a stupid question, and one that's been asked and answered a million times before, so please forgive me asking, but . . .

Has Pro Evo 5 finally got the official license for the Premier League? And does this mean ALL the Premeirship teams are in it, with correct names, stadiums, etc etc?
Sun 02/10/05 at 11:25
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
If you really want the proper team names and so forth, then just get a Max Drive from play.com, they're only about £9.99.
Sat 01/10/05 at 21:24
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I must be halucinating due to my dying thirst to get my hands on this game, having not played a decent footy title since Winning Eleven 6 for the GameCube, that was a Japanese import!

I've looked again and SR have it down as October again. :I
(Thankfully. I recently pre-ordered it with them, Game-a-Day.)
Sat 01/10/05 at 20:49
Regular
"Mozzy"
Go to the Konami website, they recently confirmed the PS2 and Xbox versions for 21st October.

I dont think they'd ever release it in January, what would be the point because as soon as January is over the game would be out of date because of all of the transfers.
Sat 01/10/05 at 19:54
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I was to believe this game was set for release sometime this month, until I signed on to this website, when I noticed it is now listed as "January".

I know it's very unlike SR to be more than 50% accurate when it comes to release dates, even guestimates, but surely... Someone, please, reassure me!

:(
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:53
Regular
"Shamon!"
Mozzy wrote:
> Just go to PESFan.com, they have some guy who has the actual PES5
> complete game and he posts in screenshots daily.

Mozzy, top man, that looks great - FINALLY Pro Evo has the looks to match the gameplay. Now if it can only do something about that commentary . . .

FIFA in the bin now then!
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:16
Regular
"Mozzy"
Just go to PESFan.com, they have some guy who has the actual PES5 complete game and he posts in screenshots daily.
Wed 28/09/05 at 14:15
Regular
"Mozzy"
[URL]http://pesfan.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1297&d=1127551184[/URL]

[URL]http://pesfan.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=1300&d=1127551217[/URL]
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:21
Regular
"Shamon!"
Mozzy wrote:
> I think they have some scottish licenses too...cause I saw a
> screenshot of Celtic.

But this is all GUESSWORK right now, correct? With the game being pretty close to release, I would have thought at least SOMEONE out there would be able to provide an accurate answer on this one - another website with info, perhaps?

"I think" and "I saw a screenshot" are great when a game is 6 months away!
Wed 28/09/05 at 13:13
Regular
"Mozzy"
I think they have some scottish licenses too...cause I saw a screenshot of Celtic.
Wed 28/09/05 at 12:54
Regular
"Shamon!"
Your Honour wrote:
> Does having the proper team names mean that much to you? Can't you
> just edit them in yourself?

Certainly. That's not that big a deal, you're right. But it's something I'd rather not HAVE to do, plus, it'd be nice to actually play a season in the Premiership in Pro Evo, rather than "League A" or "League B"

The gameplay is clearly better in Pro Evo, I'm not arguing that. But it's sometimes much, much nicer to see the proper Celtic players run out at what looks just like Parkhead to play the proper Rangers team - rather than Old Firm Green, with Harston, playing Old Firm Blue at Oranges Arena.

It's all about detail . . . .

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.