GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Hello from Tokyo!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 29/09/05 at 02:35
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Just thought I'd nip back (some forum-ers might remember me, but I haven't logged on for agggeeesss) to let you know that I'm in Tokyo at the moment, teaching English to eager little children, and less eager little office workers.

Tokyo is a mixed bag, the food is great, the people are nice, the city is huge but the homesickness...argh! Damn my love for family / girlfriend / Edinburgh!! Anyone have any miracle cures?!

So anyhow, to the gist of my post. Living here means pretty good prices on PSPs, iPods and other such shenanigans, as well as games and the usual video game shop fayre. So my offer is this: if anyone would like a PSP fairly cheaply (official, new, boxed etc, just Japanese (with full English menus and keeping mind games are all region free)), or indeed, any other kinds of stuff, I should be able to get it and ship for a little cheaper than the UK stores. Plus, games that have yet to be released in the US/UK can be got (if theyre out over here that is). For example, a black PSP value pack over here is around 20-22000 yen (thats 100 quid to you), 80 quid cheaper than the UK, and cheaper than the importers price. Obviously, delivery is there (I'd hazard a guess at 10 quid). In addition, things like the ceramic white PSP (135 quid) or the 4 gig iPod nano (135 quid) are both pretty much in abundancer here.

Anyway, if anyones interested, you can get email me @ [email protected]. I would put my MSN, but giving time differences and when I can get online, theres no point (its about 10am here, 2am in the UK)

Sayonara!
Wed 05/10/05 at 00:09
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
I'm replying to emails now. As for memory cards, roughly 70 quid for a 1 gig card. I'll make a longer reply later when I'm more awake!
Tue 04/10/05 at 10:55
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Phuzzy, gotta say you made a very brave move and probably one you'll look back on in the future and say your really glad you did it, despite the homesickness :)

Stick with it for as long as possible, at least it's not a permanent move and you know that after a year you'll be back home.

I'll be emailing you very soon with a view to ordering a PSP, quick question if you see this, do you know prices of memory sticks over there, compared to over here?
Tue 04/10/05 at 00:13
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Hey guys, thanks for the interest :)

The homesickness is slowly dissapating, but it takes a helluva long time! Somedays I wonder if I made the right decision to go out and teach here, leaving behind my family and my girlfriend, but I know if I was to go home now I'd regret it.

As for my reasons, I guess it was really to do something a bit different rather than go straight to university. I wanted to travel somewhere, learn a new language in a different way, get involved in a different culture. My only real regret was not preparing myself better for the homesickness and feeling quite lonely in such a big city! Although the English speakers are pretty good, its not the same as just walking around Edinburgh, or anywhere in the UK. In hindsight I might have been better with the 8 month option rather than the 12 month, but by Christmas time i'll only have 6 or 7 months left, and then I'll be moaning!

As for the visits, hopefully my brother is coming in March, and my girlfriend in June/July. So I'm holding out for that! At Christmas, we're all meeting up (all the Japan volunteers) in Hokkaido (snow 4 months of year!) and they're be much snowballing and shenanigans!
Fri 30/09/05 at 11:33
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Hey, sounds like your having a cool time. The homesickness will always be there I guess just do your best to not let it get the better of you.

Prices seem good but I'm still jobless at the mo so that puts buying anything other than the required essentials a no go.
Hope it all goes well.
Fri 30/09/05 at 10:22
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Hi Phuzzy, I remember you but I don't think we've talked much before.

What made you decide to goto Tokyo to teach english? How long are you staying out there and does your family / girlfriend come out to visit you?

That price looks very very tempting, just wish my savings would grow a bit quicker .. I may well contact you nearer christmas with an order :)
Thu 29/09/05 at 02:35
Regular
"previously phuzzy."
Just thought I'd nip back (some forum-ers might remember me, but I haven't logged on for agggeeesss) to let you know that I'm in Tokyo at the moment, teaching English to eager little children, and less eager little office workers.

Tokyo is a mixed bag, the food is great, the people are nice, the city is huge but the homesickness...argh! Damn my love for family / girlfriend / Edinburgh!! Anyone have any miracle cures?!

So anyhow, to the gist of my post. Living here means pretty good prices on PSPs, iPods and other such shenanigans, as well as games and the usual video game shop fayre. So my offer is this: if anyone would like a PSP fairly cheaply (official, new, boxed etc, just Japanese (with full English menus and keeping mind games are all region free)), or indeed, any other kinds of stuff, I should be able to get it and ship for a little cheaper than the UK stores. Plus, games that have yet to be released in the US/UK can be got (if theyre out over here that is). For example, a black PSP value pack over here is around 20-22000 yen (thats 100 quid to you), 80 quid cheaper than the UK, and cheaper than the importers price. Obviously, delivery is there (I'd hazard a guess at 10 quid). In addition, things like the ceramic white PSP (135 quid) or the 4 gig iPod nano (135 quid) are both pretty much in abundancer here.

Anyway, if anyones interested, you can get email me @ [email protected]. I would put my MSN, but giving time differences and when I can get online, theres no point (its about 10am here, 2am in the UK)

Sayonara!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.