GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fergie has a 'Belly on'"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 07/01/03 at 00:17
Regular
Looks like United are going to buy David Bellion from Sunderland in the region of £3 million sterling. (According to Manchester Evening News)

United fans - What are your Views?

(Personally, I don't really know what to make of it)

:S
Tue 07/01/03 at 00:17
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
Looks like United are going to buy David Bellion from Sunderland in the region of £3 million sterling. (According to Manchester Evening News)

United fans - What are your Views?

(Personally, I don't really know what to make of it)

:S
Tue 07/01/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
Before I even start, please take note that I am in no way a Man U supporter. I can't stand Ferguson and his pedantic ways.

Saying that though, he knows his stuff (bar Taibi and maybe Veron). He has obviously seen something in this Bellion which he likes and is willing to splash out £3m (a pittance for Man U) to have him in the squad. This could turn out to be one of his greatest signings (after Cantona).

All I can say is I am disappointed that yet again, a large English club is buying foreign players. I was hoping to see Beattie at Man U but apparently Fergie thinks he is too similar to Ruud "babyliner" Van Nistelrooy.
Tue 07/01/03 at 09:44
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
I think the situation is that Beatie would cost a silly amount of money because lets face it English players are priced out of the market these days, you'd be paying double or even triple amounts to what they are actually worth. Ive heard Gordan Strachan quoting that he would probabaly want something like £10-£12 million for Beatie and that is plain ridiculous and the main reason why English clubs look abroad or closer to home (smaller teams) for Foreign players who are equally as good but cost far less in both wages and transfer fee.
Tue 07/01/03 at 09:56
Regular
"Kill all Hippies"
You're right about English players costing a lot but Fergie has been known to try and sign them before ie Shearer and Owen but it has never worked out. It'd be interesting to see how Bellion performs at Man U.
Tue 07/01/03 at 10:11
Regular
"Long time no see!"
I read about this in the SP pull-out that came with The People on Sunday. I read it, looked around elsewhere, but couldn't find any other sources who were willing to back this up, so I'm not sure whether to believe it or not...?

Apparently though, he is set to sign this week for £3m on a 5-year contract worth £20,000-a-week for starters after scoring only 1 goal in just 5 appearences for Sunderland this season.

What surprises me is that struggling Sunderland are apparently willing to let this guy go; a French-born player who has the potential and pace of Thierry Herny - apparently! I've seen him play once, and I have to admit that he can't half run with the ball!!
The problem for me is that he's still rather inexperienced, and despite all his potential, he may not be quite the striker we are looking for at this moment in time...

What we really need is someone who can score goals regularly to assist Ruud van Nistelrooy. And he's already proven at the Stadium of Light that he isn't there yet. But I'm sure he has the potential, and as long as we do get him, and Fergie and co. work hard with him, £3m will seem like a real steal in another few years!

But for now, I'm sure he'd still be of some great use for the first-team.
Giggs' pace just isn't the same anymore, and this guy could really give us what we need in the attack. He's also played down the right for Sunderland, which could allow Beckham the chance to go centrally, or to even replace him when he's injured.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:04
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
why are we signing him? What Fergie needs is someone who has already proven himself, versatile and a great player. Someone like maybe hmmmmmm oh yea Ronaldinho!!. He's about 5 players in one seeing as he can play up front and anywhere in midfield except for a more defensive midfield role. Not bad for someone who'd cost around £15-25 million but looking at him as a player that's a bargain and i'm sure United could find that sort of money down the back of the seats on the team coach. Also i think i'm right in saying he's able to play in the champions league as PSG never got there did they? Might have played in qualifiers though i can't remember. More ambition is needed and none of this lets sign the cheapest replacement we can and hope he does a decent job until the summer rubbish.
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:10
Regular
"Big Pimpin'"
lalakersrule wrote:
> why are we signing him? What Fergie needs is someone who has already
> proven himself, versatile and a great player. Someone like maybe
> hmmmmmm oh yea Ronaldinho!!.

Exactly...good point LA Lakers Rule (Sorry but the Knicks do actually). Bellion maybe a good prospect but how many good prospects do united need? We're stuggling to get another top quality striker, and Ronaldinho is an ideal player to fill that roll, as then when Giggs is injured or gets sold in the summer to ACMilan (hopefully he doesn't go) we can put Ole Solskjaer up front with Ronaldinho on the left...Man Utd have the money...blooming spend it!
Tue 07/01/03 at 16:17
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
yep Marshie and another thing about Ronaldinho is that Fergie would actually have someone who could play in that blooming 4-4-1-1 formation he loves so much.
And well the Knicks debate is best saved for another topic :D
Tue 07/01/03 at 19:58
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Primal wrote:

> Saying that though, he knows his stuff (bar Taibi and maybe Veron).

I don't understand why people say Veron is not a good player. I think that he is a world class player and is playing better than Roy Keane does. His passes are superb.
Tue 07/01/03 at 23:55
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I think it would be a waste of money. We need some quality players not just your average player in top flight football. I agree that a brazilian would be good for the club as it would give the team an extra attacking option. I mean every one in the Brazilian team can all attack apart from the keeper. I hope he gets a better player than the people I have heard that might be going to Man Utd.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.