GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Playstation 2 is overated....."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 31/12/00 at 11:41
Regular
Don't worry,I am not against Sony(i own Playstation 1).It is I think that PS2 is overated.I have a Dreamcast and I will stick with that.For the same price of A PS2 which has a DVD player in it,u can get a DC with a STAND ALONE DVD PLAYER!Over here in uk,we didn't get many PS2's shipped over.If this is a marketing scam to hype PS2,it has gone horribly wrong.People will not want to wait and will buy a DC.Well that is my opinion on it.Reply with your opinions and DONT flame me.
Sun 31/12/00 at 11:41
Regular
Don't worry,I am not against Sony(i own Playstation 1).It is I think that PS2 is overated.I have a Dreamcast and I will stick with that.For the same price of A PS2 which has a DVD player in it,u can get a DC with a STAND ALONE DVD PLAYER!Over here in uk,we didn't get many PS2's shipped over.If this is a marketing scam to hype PS2,it has gone horribly wrong.People will not want to wait and will buy a DC.Well that is my opinion on it.Reply with your opinions and DONT flame me.
Sun 31/12/00 at 11:56
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Technically far superior to the DC, the PS2 is 'capable' of a great deal more than it current offering of opening games. Whether developers will stick with the PS2 and get to know it well is another thing.

You are right, Shaneo, about people not wanting to wait. I also owned a PSX but have now switched to DC, but hope to get a PS2 in the first quarter of 2001. Sony have upset a lot of its existing customer base, but whether it was a marketing ploy to increase demand to an unprecedented scale or whether it was simply a case of lack of supply from third party manufacturers is a question that will probably never be answered.

As for the DVD player, I could do without it seeing as I already have a stand alone player. I expect Sony are developing games for DVD format to be released around 2002 which will be a good thing. Call me cynical but I don't think that they bundled it with the PS2 just to increase the userbase of that particular format. I think that they definitely have plans in mind for it.
Sun 31/12/00 at 12:24
Regular
It's nice to see some more opinions, I agree anyway, PS2 is certainly overrated.

I'm waiting for the Gamecube though, so I can't comment about waiting.

Roll on next Christmas.
Sun 31/12/00 at 12:31
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Err, latest news is European release for the GC is early 2002. At the earliest. Have a look at certain news sites to confirm this.
Sun 31/12/00 at 14:34
Regular
Duh, wrong.
Sun 31/12/00 at 18:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
EARLY 2002!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!! *Ant tries to stop laughing, but then starts again, as Nintendo are known for delaying things* HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Anyway, I don't think the PS2 is overrated. I am writing this only for shaneo as everyone on here already knows but I think.

With games like the awesome MGS2 and GT3 to come, as well as hundreds of others, I'm sure it will be a success.
Also, as FM said, it does have better specs than the DC, and with the Gamecube scheduled for "early 2002"
*cough* 2003 *cough*, it should be good year or so for Sony.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.