GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fox Hunting"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 17:59
Regular
Yes that THING that just won't go away!
Post your view on it. But first heres mine:

Fox hunting is needed to keep fox levels down there is not argument about that but the way it is done is contraversial. The fox would be chased frieghtened half to death before the dogs ripped the other half of its life away this would be a reletivly painless death(Think about it... Dog bites neck, Fox's neck snaps, Fox dead.).

If you were to shoot them then another problem would arise: Would you hit a small, moving target. Even if you did would it be as painless. If you got it in the head then yes but you are more likely to hit it in the body. This then leaves the fox stuck in the rain and with a wound that is open to infection. This would be a much more painful death than the dogs.

If you were to put some poison down then that would have dreadful effects on all animals in the area. And think... would you like to eat a sheep if it had been in an area where they had put down poison. Didnt think so.

So i am actually on the fence as until a new way of keeping fox levels down is found then hunting is a fine solution.

Thanks for reading.
Sat 04/01/03 at 17:59
Yes that THING that just won't go away!
Post your view on it. But first heres mine:

Fox hunting is needed to keep fox levels down there is not argument about that but the way it is done is contraversial. The fox would be chased frieghtened half to death before the dogs ripped the other half of its life away this would be a reletivly painless death(Think about it... Dog bites neck, Fox's neck snaps, Fox dead.).

If you were to shoot them then another problem would arise: Would you hit a small, moving target. Even if you did would it be as painless. If you got it in the head then yes but you are more likely to hit it in the body. This then leaves the fox stuck in the rain and with a wound that is open to infection. This would be a much more painful death than the dogs.

If you were to put some poison down then that would have dreadful effects on all animals in the area. And think... would you like to eat a sheep if it had been in an area where they had put down poison. Didnt think so.

So i am actually on the fence as until a new way of keeping fox levels down is found then hunting is a fine solution.

Thanks for reading.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:04
Regular
Why can't farmers just protect their chickens (and other livestock) better?

All three fox-killing methods are currently used anyway.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:07
Yes but its not a bad point to be made by a 13 year old(me) is it.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:21
Regular
Not bad at all :-)

I'm against fox-hunting with dogs though - it seems perserve, in that the hunters seem to get way too much pleasure from seeing an animal ripped apart.

If I had to choose, I'd pick shooting. A good marksman should be able to kill an animal with one shot, and not leave it injured.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:27
"High polygon count"
Ban it outright. It's not needed.

So a fox gets the odd chicken - big deal.

During the Foot & Mouth outbreak, hunting was banned anyway. Did the farmers suffer increased livestock losses? No.

As an anti-hunt campaigner once said to me - most farmers keep their chickens locked up in one way or another, and foxes don't carry keys.

There is no easy way to kill a fox - even shooting isn't humane. I read an article on the web several months ago, from a reporter who accompanied a hunter hired by a farmer to kill foxes "humanely". He shot a fox, but only succeeded in wounding it. The hunter didn't want to "waste" a second bullet, so to finish the fox off, he stamped on its head. That's really humane, isn't it?
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:29
"High polygon count"
WòókieeMøn§†€® wrote:
> Did the farmers suffer increased livestock losses? No.

I mean due to foxes, obviously!
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:35
I agree that people should not take pleasure in fox hunting but how can we stop that?
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:43
"+ suspicious minds"
I was going to write a well written reply.

Sod em.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:54
Regular
"I see you"
Sniper Master wrote:
> Yes that THING that just won't go away!
> Post your view on it. But first heres mine:
>
> Fox hunting is needed to keep fox levels down there is not argument
> about that but the way it is done is contraversial. The fox would be
> chased frieghtened half to death before the dogs ripped the other half
> of its life away this would be a reletivly painless death(Think about
> it... Dog bites neck, Fox's neck snaps, Fox dead.).
>
> If you were to shoot them then another problem would arise: Would you
> hit a small, moving target. Even if you did would it be as painless.
> If you got it in the head then yes but you are more likely to hit it
> in the body. This then leaves the fox stuck in the rain and with a
> wound that is open to infection. This would be a much more painful
> death than the dogs.
>
> If you were to put some poison down then that would have dreadful
> effects on all animals in the area. And think... would you like to eat
> a sheep if it had been in an area where they had put down poison.
> Didnt think so.
>
> So i am actually on the fence as until a new way of keeping fox levels
> down is found then hunting is a fine solution.
>
> Thanks for reading.

Have you ever seen a fox hunt? it's one of the sickest things in this country. Just think of it this way would you like to be ripped limb from limb by a pack of ravenous dogs? No i bet you wouldn't. Do you really think that as soon as the dog catches the fox they kill it, NO they chase it to it's hole then dig it out and then let the dogs rip it to pieces.

So all this time that fos is in total fear, and that is one of the worst ways to die. So think about it for a second yeah before you write your opinions.
Sat 04/01/03 at 19:57
Regular
"I see you"
Sorry fox not fos in the last sentence

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.