GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Fox Hunting"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 04/01/03 at 17:59
Regular
Yes that THING that just won't go away!
Post your view on it. But first heres mine:

Fox hunting is needed to keep fox levels down there is not argument about that but the way it is done is contraversial. The fox would be chased frieghtened half to death before the dogs ripped the other half of its life away this would be a reletivly painless death(Think about it... Dog bites neck, Fox's neck snaps, Fox dead.).

If you were to shoot them then another problem would arise: Would you hit a small, moving target. Even if you did would it be as painless. If you got it in the head then yes but you are more likely to hit it in the body. This then leaves the fox stuck in the rain and with a wound that is open to infection. This would be a much more painful death than the dogs.

If you were to put some poison down then that would have dreadful effects on all animals in the area. And think... would you like to eat a sheep if it had been in an area where they had put down poison. Didnt think so.

So i am actually on the fence as until a new way of keeping fox levels down is found then hunting is a fine solution.

Thanks for reading.
Tue 07/01/03 at 17:58
"Darth Vader 3442321"
O>
@
------
o o

Have you guessed what it is yet?
Tue 07/01/03 at 14:25
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Miserableman wrote:
> He draw a cartoon!

+d
Tue 07/01/03 at 14:25
Regular
"bing bang bong"
The sagacious one wrote:
> To give the Foxes a chance they should be allowed to use motorised
> skateboards with nitrous oxide injection. It would be barbaric and
> inhumane otherwise.
>
> Just think for a second before making these perpostreous statements,
> WWRD (what would Rolf Do?).

He draw a cartoon!
Tue 07/01/03 at 14:07
"Darth Vader 3442321"
To give the Foxes a chance they should be allowed to use motorised skateboards with nitrous oxide injection. It would be barbaric and inhumane otherwise.

Just think for a second before making these perpostreous statements, WWRD (what would Rolf Do?).
Tue 07/01/03 at 14:02
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I think there should be more fox hunting.
But the people should be dressed like the villains in Mad Max II - all leather butt-less outfits and feathers.
Tue 07/01/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Sniper Master wrote:
> Yes that THING that just won't go away!
> Post your view on it. But first heres mine:
>
> Fox hunting is needed to keep fox levels down there is not argument
> about that but the way it is done is contraversial. The fox would be
> chased frieghtened half to death before the dogs ripped the other half
> of its life away this would be a reletivly painless death(Think about
> it... Dog bites neck, Fox's neck snaps, Fox dead.).

The death itself would be quick, yes. What about the hours of chasing that goes on beforehand? The beast tends to die of fear if it doesn't get caught. I would say that is a bad thing for a civilised society to be doing.

>
> If you were to shoot them then another problem would arise: Would you
> hit a small, moving target. Even if you did would it be as painless.
> If you got it in the head then yes but you are more likely to hit it
> in the body. This then leaves the fox stuck in the rain and with a
> wound that is open to infection. This would be a much more painful
> death than the dogs.

True, but there is a way round it that has been used by shepherds (or at least, by those in Scotland) for years. Get a dead lamb, leave it in field where fox(s) have been seen, wait with gun. Fox arrives, fox starts slowly pulling carcass away, fox presents an easy target and so is shot.

Incidentally, I found this out from my brother (a former shepherd; he keeps that quiet funnily enough...) should you think that I'm talking minced b******t

>
> If you were to put some poison down then that would have dreadful
> effects on all animals in the area. And think... would you like to eat
> a sheep if it had been in an area where they had put down poison.
> Didnt think so.
>

No, but poison isn't really presented as a valid option by the anti hunt lobby. Pro Hunters keep mentioning it to make hunting seem like a valid method of pest control.

> So i am actually on the fence as until a new way of keeping fox levels
> down is found then hunting is a fine solution.

Well, each to their own, but as hunting accounts for 1 in 10 of all foxes killed (farmers and their varying methods of pest control making up the rest) then that would seem to invalidate the idea that it keeps fox levels down.
>
> Thanks for reading.

Thanks for posting. It's rare for anyone to stick their neck out in favour of hunting. Kudos for having the balls to do so.
Mon 06/01/03 at 22:24
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Wrong place, you need Whitehall. Strangely enough our military is run from this country :) But this is all theoretical..... :P

Must stop using so many smileys !

~~Belldandy~~
Mon 06/01/03 at 19:42
But what if the radiation MUTATED the foxes and now they are super foxes that cant be killed and they are going to take over the world and kill us all in a slow painful death.

I HAVE TO TELL THE PENTAGON
Sun 05/01/03 at 18:35
Regular
"Gamertag Star Fury"
Miserableman wrote:
> But what if you missed and hit a tree nearby and all the bark and
> stuff flew off and hit poor foxxy-woxxy mangling his face and ripping
> into his eyeballs noooo poor foxxy woxxy ooh look at the cute
> kittens!!!

Right, everyone remember Starship Troopers ? That nuclear bazooka thing they had ? We'll develop one of those and let the Fox Hunters use that, anything within several thousand meters of the fox will be ahnilated so even the worst aimed shot in history cannot miss !

Whatsmore, after a while loads of the countryside will be covered in radiation so the foxes will soon not even be able to produce offspring anyway, probably along with the fox hunters themselves - so bot hsides will be happy !

Maybe not....:P

~~Belldandy~~
Sun 05/01/03 at 18:25
KILL EM ALL

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.