GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bowyer to go to Birmingham?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 03/01/03 at 18:02
Regular
It is understood City are willing to sign him on a short-term deal until the end of the season, initially matching his current weekly wage at Leeds.

There are also reports of an added incentive of a £300,000 bonus if he helps the club retain their Premiership status.

Should Bowyer opt to join City, they would also have to agree a fee with Leeds as he is still under contract at Elland Road, with United likely to accept an offer of around £1million.

Geiss has indicated there are other clubs interested in acquiring Bowyer's services.

Terry Venables said: "It's really out of our hands, unless both parties (Birmingham and Bowyer) agree.

"Once they do then it would be up to us to sort a fee out, but as yet there has been nothing agreed. We (Leeds) don't come into play unless they have an agreement. Birmingham would then have to agree with us.

"But there is a contract on the table here for him, and it's up to him. Obviously he will have options and that's what he is looking at this moment and we all know that. It's then up to him to decide what he wants to do."

Venables, who is also in the hunt for new players to strengthen his squad, concedes "there has been talk, with phone calls both ways" with other parties.

However, Robbie Fowler's proposed move to Manchester City now appears dead as the striker's wage demands are beyond the resources of the Maine Road club
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:59
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Lee Bowyer has rejected the move to Birmingham.
Sat 04/01/03 at 18:13
Regular
West Ham are also after him
Sat 04/01/03 at 14:49
Regular
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> Cant see him going to Man U or Liverpool, most likely a middle to good
> club like Chelsea or Newcastle

I think you'll find the tide has turned, i believe that unless they make some drastic signings liverpool have dropped out of that elite and are at best on a par with chelsea and newcastle, there are to many mediocre players in a huge squad. The elite is Man Utd and arsenal, then liverpool chelsea and newcastle. I think chelsea are (and not just because they are well placed at the moment) are the most likely to join this elite.

Bowyer needs to get loaned out, and if i were him i'd go on loan for 6 months to the hammers, as he would plar regularly and be still playing with a brilliant midfield.
Sat 04/01/03 at 13:24
"Super Diamonds"
Leeds are in debt but they can't keep selling their best players.
Sat 04/01/03 at 11:21
Regular
Apparantly Newcastle want Bowyer too.
Fri 03/01/03 at 20:54
Regular
"Aka Hammond"
Another play to leave Leeds could be Dacourt:

Leeds have confirmed that Olivier Dacourt's agent is meeting with Roma over a possible move to Italy.

Dacourt's representative Bruno Satin has arrived at Roma's headquarters in Trigoria accompanied by the Serie A club's sporting director Franco Baldini to discuss personal terms.

It is understood Roma have been looking for a loan deal until the end of the season.

Leeds' official website reported: "Bruno Satin is discussing personal terms with Roma, but as yet no fee has been agreed with United for either a permanent or a loan move that would see Dacourt relocate to the Olympic Stadium."
Fri 03/01/03 at 19:34
Regular
"Baros!!!"
Hope Villa go after him, as we need some quality Midfielders like Bowyer.
Fri 03/01/03 at 18:39
Cant see him going to Man U or Liverpool, most likely a middle to good club like Chelsea or Newcastle
Fri 03/01/03 at 18:34
Regular
"Whatever!"
G®åpô²ºº² wrote:
> I'm sure a bigger club than Birmingham would want him, pay him more
> and would be better for him in the long term. I could see Liverpool
> buying him and then going really pants.

We nearly signed him in the summer before Houllier decided he wasnt a Liverpool player after all!
Fri 03/01/03 at 18:33
I'm sure a bigger club than Birmingham would want him, pay him more and would be better for him in the long term. I could see Liverpool buying him and then going really pants.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.